Knock

Whispereon

Greenhorn
Yes, please! I won't even mind if they are all the way on the other side of the house. The only way I can think they wouldn't open the door even with this added is that all the residents are asleep. And maybe if you continue knocking you'll start losing friendship points with the house occupants.

Marshmawo

Sodbuster
oh i think this is a really cute idea! ive always thought it was kinda.. weird that we can just walk into peoples homes before actually getting to know them so i think knocking would be better and then when we actually get to know them we can enter their houses on our own lol

Person090

Planter
I'd like to be able to knock on doors. If the npc is in they answer the door. That way I can deliver gifts and requests and never be stopped by a door again!!
You wouldn't believe how many times during my first playthrough I tried to give sebastian something for a help wanted quest but couldn't because he spends most of his time in his room because I only had 1 heart with him

This would be especially useful for those NPCs that have more erratic schedules. Of course.. I'd probably end up knocking on my future wife's door all hours of the night like an obsessed puppy.