Keep it Raining!

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, if you just wanna be social and part of the community, there is the Off Topic section with an Introductions subsection (for talking about yourself) and a General Discussion subsection (for talking about anything). I think they want threads in this section to have a part of the game that's being discussed, though... which is why you're confusing us, as we can't tell what part of the game you wanted to talk about. What about farming? Are you having problems with something? Do you want advice on what you could do better or what you could do next?

A couple things, though... in every year there are 4 seasons each composed of 28 days for 112 days in a year. You don't have to hurry, though. Some of us do like to hurry a little bit, however, because at the end of year 2 there is an event that we would like to be prepared for. (I hesitate to explain much because of spoilers.)

Well, if you just wanna be social and part of the community, there is the Off Topic section with an Introductions subsection (for talking about yourself) and a General Discussion subsection (for talking about anything). I think they want threads in this section to have a part of the game that's being discussed, though... which is why you're confusing us, as we can't tell what part of the game you wanted to talk about. What about farming? Are you having problems with something? Do you want advice on what you could do better or what you could do next?

A couple things, though... in every year there are 4 seasons each composed of 28 days for 112 days in a year. You don't have to hurry, though. Some of us do like to hurry a little bit, however, because at the end of year 2 there is an event that we would like to be prepared for. (I hesitate to explain much because of spoilers.)
Then I did leave something to be talked about. I thought seasons were 90 days but they are not. Never mind the unwritten rules. :whistle:

Then I did leave something to be talked about. I thought seasons were 90 days but they are not. Never mind the unwritten rules. :whistle:
I mean, yes and no. Normal real life seasons are about 90 days, very roughly. But in stardew valley it's about a third of that.
Not so much unwritten rules, there are rules on how to conduct your topics per thread location. :blush:

I mean, yes and no. Normal real life seasons are about 90 days, very roughly. But in stardew valley it's about a third of that.
Not so much unwritten rules, there are rules on how to conduct your topics per thread location. :blush:
I know it is customary to only list problems in need of solutions, and many do not know how to respond if this is not the case. Surely sometimes we can also say good things about the game: that seems to me to be on topic, too. I hope this does not happen every time I say something positive about the game. :defeated: But thanks for telling me about the 28 day seasons. Too bad I lost most of my current game's saved money for not knowing this soon enough. :defeated:

Rhiannon

Farmer
Welcome to the forums and to Stardew Valley! I've played a couple of other farming simulation games and this one beats them by miles. Personally I think the 28 days per season seems right for a game. Gives me enough time to do things I want to do usually. The good thing is that you can start again knowing how long the seasons are now! My first save was into year five and there were things I had learned along the way that made me want to start over. I found starting over rather fun, not something I ever do in games. I chose a better farm layout for me, hit some special milestones earlier, married someone different, made other choices.

There is a wiki if you want to know things ahead of time: Stardew Valley official wiki. I don't like to figure things out. I would rather research something. Some people like to discover as they go. To each his or her own.

Have fun!

Odin

Staff member
I know it is customary to only list problems in need of solutions, and many do not know how to respond if this is not the case. Surely sometimes we can also say good things about the game: that seems to me to be on topic, too. I hope this does not happen every time I say something positive about the game. :defeated: But thanks for telling me about the 28 day seasons. Too bad I lost most of my current game's saved money for not knowing this soon enough. :defeated:
You are of course always welcome to post threads about the game, threads don't need to be asking a question or looking for advice. I can't speak for others, but I think the reason you received several comments about your thread itself is that your post is pretty short, and so people may not feel there's as much to discuss. To be clear, that's not a bad thing, but I imagine if you shared some more details about what parts of the game are your favorite or asked people if they also enjoyed a specific aspect of the game, that would give the thread a clearer focus.

Again, no one is saying you can't post a thread that's just saying a good thing about the game, but ideally a thread starts a discussion that anyone can join! I will also note you can also share quick thoughts on your forum profile.

And don't worry about not knowing the length of seasons when you started, it's very common to not time crop planting correctly during your first spring!

You are of course always welcome to post threads about the game, threads don't need to be asking a question or looking for advice. I can't speak for others, but I think the reason you received several comments about your thread itself is that your post is pretty short, and so people may not feel there's as much to discuss. To be clear, that's not a bad thing, but I imagine if you shared some more details about what parts of the game are your favorite or asked people if they also enjoyed a specific aspect of the game, that would give the thread a clearer focus.

Again, no one is saying you can't post a thread that's just saying a good thing about the game, but ideally a thread starts a discussion that anyone can join! I will also note you can also share quick thoughts on your forum profile.

And don't worry about not knowing the length of seasons when you started, it's very common to not time crop planting correctly during your first spring!
Thanks for the encouragement. I will do the best I can to be more interactive. If I update my status on profile, where exactly it is posted? I don't want to try to find out. :hmph:

Welcome to the forums and to Stardew Valley! I've played a couple of other farming simulation games and this one beats them by miles. Personally I think the 28 days per season seems right for a game. Gives me enough time to do things I want to do usually. The good thing is that you can start again knowing how long the seasons are now! My first save was into year five and there were things I had learned along the way that made me want to start over. I found starting over rather fun, not something I ever do in games. I chose a better farm layout for me, hit some special milestones earlier, married someone different, made other choices.

There is a wiki if you want to know things ahead of time: Stardew Valley official wiki. I don't like to figure things out. I would rather research something. Some people like to discover as they go. To each his or her own.

Have fun!
Thanks for nice greeting and information. If I happen to run into spoiler information while reading the forums there is not much I can do about it, and so I have no problem with this. :cool:

Odin

Staff member
Thanks for the encouragement. I will do the best I can to be more interactive. If I update my status on profile, where exactly it is posted? I don't want to try to find out. :hmph:
It gets posted right on your profile itself! If you check my profile you can see what profile messages look like.
People can see the most recent profile posts at the bottom of the right sidebar on the main forum page, at least on desktop.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Thanks for nice greeting and information. If I happen to run into spoiler information while reading the forums there is not much I can do about it, and so I have no problem with this. :cool:
If someone posts something that is a true spoiler, we are supposed to make it as a spoiler. I've posted some by mistake and our wonderful moderator fixed it for me. :)

Happy exploring!