In Stardew Valley 1.5, there will be splitscreen co-op!

Odin

Staff member
Not sure about that... because it seems like just getting a cheap laptop and another copy of the game is a better investment for everyone involved.
Not an investment everyone can afford though. A usb controller or two is a lot cheaper than even entry level computers.

That said, I imagine this feature will be much more popular on consoles. I know it's been a common request ever since 1.3

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh, I imagine it will be quite popular for consoles. That's where I assume it will be used primarily, indeed, and good for them when using console to play. Consoles are more expensive than computers.

Sigrah

Farmer
A lot of new stuff, but I'm very curious what this is. It kind of reminds me of an iridium ore, only flipped over. Maybe you bronze one and make a trophy out of it? No idea, but I included the iridium ore icon above it so they can be compared against each other. The ore icon on the left is how it appears in game, the ore icon on the right is how it appears flipped.

Statue or Trophy.png

Last edited:

Sigrah

Farmer
Oooh, nice catch, @Sigrah ! I wonder if the statue can be bought, or if you have to craft it, and if it actually does anything with iridium?
Who knows at this point, but it makes me curious if it’s an achievement reward or, if the museum is expanded, a reward for donating something new to the museum, either an individual item or a group of items. Hell, it could even be a trophy awarded for reaching level 100 in the skull caverns the honest way. Sooooo many possibilities.

Wingheart

Sodbuster
Those machines by the fancy green chest appear to be connecting to each other. It could just be how they're laid out, or they might actually be able to connect like how Pathoschild's Automate mod works, but only with specific machines + chest type combinations.

ETA: Are those bushes on the lower right of the farm what tea bushes look like planted into the ground and without any recolour mods, or are they a new bush type?

imnvs

Local Legend
ETA: Are those bushes on the lower right of the farm what tea bushes look like planted into the ground and without any recolour mods, or are they a new bush type?
Those look like regular old tea bushes to me. Do you do all your tea bushes in garden pots or something? They make wonderful fences.

Ereo

Helper
Release time tomorrow? Pardon me? Do you know something we don't?
Steam is showing a release date, but that seems to be for a physical version. Los if people were thinking this would be for the update, as it doesn't specify.

imnvs

Local Legend
Ah. Well... I really don't think I need any more collector's editions of games. I've some good gems from way back, but I can't fit any more crap on my shelves. My shelves are already overtaking the house (yes, house, not apartment) and there's barely enough room for the books!