In Stardew Valley 1.5, there will be splitscreen co-op!

Odin

Staff member
Last edited:

Potatoes

Farmer
I wonder what that phone is used for. Also my wife and I were discussing what the machine with the bone on it is for, maybe a recycling machine for artifacts that you already donated?

I love the new monsters! Especially the slime with glasses :cool: That farm map looks a lot like a desert to me! Perhaps it will be a barren landscape, but filled with foragables and palm trees!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Yeah, I don't think that's a desert farm map. That starfish in the sand makes me think it's potentially a beach farm map, and it reminds me of the teased area in this thread. The presence of ducks and tall grass definitely implies a farm map, so I really am gonna go out on a limb and predict a new beach farm map. What if the forage items found on the beach could spawn on this farm, including seaweed, coral and urchins, along with rainbow shells in the summer and nautilus shells in winter? And I'm guessing you can also catch ocean fish in the water? As for the other monster seen in the other screenshot, it looks like a new kind of metal head to me.

Last edited:

Haseo

Cowpoke
If this is not a new farm layout which is a beach map, it might be that you’ll be able to build a “beach house” by the beach close to Willy and farm over there.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Some More Observations: That looks like a new kind of craftable floor in the right picture. The closest comparison I can find is the weathered floor, but this one is clearly different. It's more vibrant in color, and doesn't have a border like the weathered floor does. That is also definitely a new crop growing there. We see the ginger in the left picture, but it's hard to tell if that new crop in the right picture is ginger, or yet another new crop.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay... playing on PC, I'm trying to figure out how this splitscreen thing would work. I mean... how are folks controlling 4 different characters with 1 mouse and 1 keyboard? Platforms I understand because they have multiple controllers plugged into one box. I mean, I've played Goldeneye, ffs. It's the PC splitscreen I don't get.

Okay... playing on PC, I'm trying to figure out how this splitscreen thing would work. I mean... how are folks controlling 4 different characters with 1 mouse and 1 keyboard? Platforms I understand because they have multiple controllers plugged into one box. I mean, I've played Goldeneye, ffs. It's the PC splitscreen I don't get.
easy peasy. conect USB contollers

Ereo

Helper
You could also have spit screens on each PC. So everyone can see they own character in the top right corner, and the others as well? It doesn't have to be on one screen to see them.

imnvs

Local Legend
easy peasy. conect USB contollers
You could also have spit screens on each PC. So everyone can see they own character in the top right corner, and the others as well? It doesn't have to be on one screen to see them.
See? This is why I have questions. 😉😘😝

lilan, that means having to get dedicated extra equipment, not something most will expect without a head's up.

And Ereo, wouldn't that just be defeating the purpose of split-screen? The purpose is generally for multiplayer on one device.

imnvs

Local Legend
The purpose might also be to see what your friends are up to.
It seems like a lot of work to implement something like this when it is a cooperative game, and the other players should have no reason to not just tell you what they're up to, you know? (Not to mention, watching other's screens is a no-no. You must not have played much Goldeneye. 😉😘)

And in 99% of cases splitscreen is for multiple people to play from one device, so I'm figuring it is more along the lines of what lilan suggested. And if that was the case, that you just have to plug in some controllers to the PC? Not sure about that... because it seems like just getting a cheap laptop and another copy of the game is a better investment for everyone involved. The laptop can be used for other things while a controller can not, and on top of that, CA sells another copy of the game too.