If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

Ian

Cowpoke
To be honest I would actually like it if there were more weapons of the less common types. We have tons and tons of swords. But for most of the spelunking part of the game you have 3 hammers to choose from and nothing to upgrade to in the interim. As well as only about 5 daggers, though to be fair, daggers are, in most cases, useless.

Also I realize you said only one feature and that isn't that significant BUT, I honestly can't think of much to add to this game that isn't already incorporated with a mod.

Last edited:

SgtPickles

Tiller
Weapon Mechanic overhaul in conjunction to what Ian said. Daggers are useless because you have to get up close and personal with the monster, but you lack any sort of mechanism to Dodge/Block/Perry/Save yourself. Hammers are lack luster in terms of choice, but they do have a nice mechanism. Slingshots are way too difficult to control.

Personally, Slingshots would be nice if there was no "pull back" mechanic. Maybe a simple click-hold charge to determine how far the projectile travels, or a simple fire-and-forget with no charge, and the projectile will have a consistent amount of travel time. Could also make ammo that results in the projectile having a bounce, or arc.

Right click could be an inefficient shatter shot, firing multiple projectiles in many directions in front of the player, and where they go is determined by RNG. This could give the option for a range-like player to get up point blank to a monster in attempt to do heavy amount of damage real quick. This may seem like "Dagger weapons but ranged", but the big difference is that this is a choice for the player, if they wanna use the weapon in this particular fashion. They can still be ranged when using it. Up close and personal is a requirement with the dagger. This type of mechanic could also be an "Oh crap" button when a fair amount of monsters are coming at them, all at once. Like those damn Serpents.

TuftedDeer

Greenhorn
Maybe some new festivals? Imagine a horse race or something. Those are in quite a few of the Harvest Moon games (and yes I know this isn't Harvest Moon), but I think it'd be cool to have some other incentive to get a horse! Because as it stands, the horse is only useful up until year 2 when you can get a nice supply of coffee. Once you have totems and a scepter, the horse becomes a lawn ornament. Or, I dunno. Maybe that's just me.

Oblivion_Walker

Sodbuster
Weapon Mechanic overhaul in conjunction to what Ian said. Daggers are useless because you have to get up close and personal with the monster, but you lack any sort of mechanism to Dodge/Block/Perry/Save yourself. Hammers are lack luster in terms of choice, but they do have a nice mechanism. Slingshots are way too difficult to control.

Personally, Slingshots would be nice if there was no "pull back" mechanic. Maybe a simple click-hold charge to determine how far the projectile travels, or a simple fire-and-forget with no charge, and the projectile will have a consistent amount of travel time. Could also make ammo that results in the projectile having a bounce, or arc.

Right click could be an inefficient shatter shot, firing multiple projectiles in many directions in front of the player, and where they go is determined by RNG. This could give the option for a range-like player to get up point blank to a monster in attempt to do heavy amount of damage real quick. This may seem like "Dagger weapons but ranged", but the big difference is that this is a choice for the player, if they wanna use the weapon in this particular fashion. They can still be ranged when using it. Up close and personal is a requirement with the dagger. This type of mechanic could also be an "Oh crap" button when a fair amount of monsters are coming at them, all at once. Like those damn Serpents.
Shotgun explosive ammo

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
agreed with Oblivion, if I could only choose one new feature it'd be added dialogue. I think we'll get some dialogue regardless in the update, depending on what the features are. But I'd love more everyday dialogue!

I think it'd be cool too if you could listen in on conversations between specific NPCs, kinda like what you can do in Rune Factory 4