If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

Marshy540

Greenhorn
I am a new player but I really don't see the point of the nursery. What if you don't want to get married or have kids? you can't have kids with krobus so why would you need the nursery? It should be an option to have and destroy/move the beds and cribs and make it impossible to delete them if you have a kid or don't have a kid anymore.

quirmzi

Sodbuster
I am a new player but I really don't see the point of the nursery. What if you don't want to get married or have kids? you can't have kids with krobus so why would you need the nursery? It should be an option to have and destroy/move the beds and cribs and make it impossible to delete them if you have a kid or don't have a kid anymore.
Welcome to Stardew Valley! It's a fun game, isn't it?
Krobus is a fairly new addition to the list of people who can move in with you! I think he came with the 1.4 update in November, but I'm not sure. If ConcernedApe was planning on making nursery's optional, I think he would group it in with other updates, hence our 1.5 update.

_derina

Farmhand
I'd love, if we could have a house on the beach (for those who don't like farming). We could have a little piece of dirt, just to plant something for the achievements. And the house itself could just be free when you had already finished the community center in another slot the game. Don't know

_derina

Farmhand
YEEEES, i think we should have the option to have the nursery room or not. Or to have the option to have the room with the crib or not

Matt

Greenhorn
Outdoor furniture
Outdoor furniture such as chairs or benches
Outdoor furniture such as chairs or benches you can sit on

plz...
This is a good one :) we need more development around the firepit. Seating, such as adirondack chairs, split log benches, etc... Hammocks that can be woven from animal wool or plant fiber with practical benefits. Another addition could be events built around the firepit with your partner, a select amount of your top friends, your child... :thumbsup:

Matt

Greenhorn
I would love the children to be able to grow up. It's the one non-moddable thing that still bugs me about the game. The kids could do chores and maybe have heart events? There could be like three different child personalities that your kid would get assigned randomly and every couple years you could have a new thing unlocked. They could at least pet the animals for you. I would also like to be able to celebrate their birthdays! or at least have it on the calendar.
To create another progression in your childs age group, along with Jas and Vincent would add a nice dynamic to the gameplay. At this point, we have 0-2 years for your child, where Jas and Vinnie are ~5-6 years old? I think as your child(ren) increase to 5-6 years, J and V should increase in age to about 10. At that point, your child should join the older kids for schooling with Penny and increasingly participate in foraging and tending to watering crops and tending to animals as your character unlocks these abilities through heart events.

Boo1972

Farmer
So many wonderful ideas. I haven’t read them all yet, so forgive me if I repeat anything. I would love to see ( in no particular order):

More areas to explore. I’ve been obsessed with gnomes since I was a little girl and would love a gnome village in the secret woods. Or go sailing with Willy. Or take Penny on a trip out of the valley.

More quests involving the magical denizens of the valley. I’d happily help the Junimos or other new creatures.

I’d really love to play matchmaker. Think Haley and Shane would be a good couple? Maybe Sam and Alex? You’d have until the flower dance to make them fall in love. Then maybe you could help Robin build them a new house before the wedding. I’d pay extra for this option.

Or let your horse be a unicorn. Or dragon. Dragons would be cool.

Fajana

Newcomer
hello all,

here are my ideas:

1. make pillows out of feathers and cloth after three years
2. expanding the gardening house 1x or 2x after five years
3. helping another village to grow up (like the one in harvest moon ds) after three years. a quest shall begin that!
4. visiting the junimo world after having them for a longer time helping you.
5. at the beginning of the game you choose a pet, either a dog or a cat. so... either choice we did we get a dog/cat later ingame?
6. the pelican centre needs some festivals after rebuild it! or some festivals from joja if you choose that!
7. and i want a beach house aswell! after all there are some piles of wood laying around there! so.... maybe that is planned?
8. that rabbit foot... maybe for painting pictures? or painting your own face? ^-^
9. later ingame willy should get a bigger fish-shop with a rowing boat for rent.

In the stardew valley shop:
1. the t-shirt with the stardew valley logo isnt there anymore.... i mean the one with the beginning sentence! *sniff*
2. and can they put a t-shirt in the shop with a smiling junimo, please?
3. both t-shirts in 5x, please! ^-^

i hope you like them.

Last edited:

Person090

Planter
I'm sure 1.5 will have at least two or maybe even three new features in it. But if it was only going to have one, and you got to decide, what would you add to the game?
Im torn between more stuff for pets, festival overhauls and marriage overhauls

chunkyyjesus

Greenhorn
defentitly more dialogue, especially with marriage. Ik a couple of people already brought up the same point as me but having the marragies feel more "personal" instead of cookie cutter and repetitive would make it alot more fun and having more dialogue in general would make me want to speak to the villagers more than I already do :,,,))

Tom

Rancher
Make multi-player less of a completely different experience by giving each player an independent clock (time zone) so they can have cut scenes, mini games, dialogs, and crafting/organizing as usual.