I became a Joja member

McBuggykinz

Farmhand
I finished the community center in my first save, but I wanted to try the Joja route this time. I have many regrets (the warehouse is so boring), and I can't decide which development to do first. Should I do the minecarts first? Or the bus?

I'm halfway through Fall Y1 and haven't upgraded my house yet, but I have a coop and one chicken :wchicken:

Thaddeus_

Sodbuster
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not the community center!

I recommend the bus because items in the desert make great gifts, and it unlock starfruit which is a big cash crop (especially if it is made into wine and aged)

Minecart -> Greenhouse -> Bus -> whatever else

Minecart just has too much in the way of convenience and time saving to not pick first. Greenhouse is your path to making a million per season stable without ANYTHING else on your entire farm. Bus unlocks the oasis, the seeds sold there, and the skull cave.

There's also an argument to be made for Greenhouse first if you luck into an early Ancient Seed drop (say from one of the insects on mine levels 10-15) to speed up the iteration and propagation of your monetary production.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, first thing? You need more chickens. You need to upgrade your coop. You need to get ducks. You need to get a barn. You need to upgrade the barn. You need cows and goats.

Then, back to the development form... if you've got an ancient seed, you get the greenhouse. Otherwise you get the minecarts and then you get the greenhouse. Third is the bus, fourth bridge to the quarry, and then removing the glittering boulder for panning.

McBuggykinz

Farmhand
Okay, first thing? You need more chickens. You need to upgrade your coop. You need to get ducks. You need to get a barn. You need to upgrade the barn. You need cows and goats.

Then, back to the development form... if you've got an ancient seed, you get the greenhouse. Otherwise you get the minecarts and then you get the greenhouse. Third is the bus, fourth bridge to the quarry, and then removing the glittering boulder for panning.
I will admit I need to get more chickens, but ducks and goats before even unlocking the minecarts?? Having a lot of income isn't that important to me, so I don't know if I will even build a barn before Y2.

imnvs

Local Legend
You need cash to buy the community upgrades, so I'm suggesting a minor way to get to a steady income that can get you those upgrades, that's all.

I'd respectfully disagree with goats. Chickens and Cows are generally the best bang for your buck for cash flow from animals, unless you go with certain niche perk options such as Shepherd. However, animals in general aren't really good for cash flow when crops are so much better. Also, since we're talking Joja run, we don't need to concern ourselves with bundle completion, which means you don't *need* things like goat cheese and truffles for bundles, permitting you to focus more heavily on cash crops. You could probably get your greenhouse down before the end of Spring if you lucked into an early ancient fruit and didn't bother with either a croop or a barn. And at that point, it makes a coop or barn largely obsolete because it does the same thing, which is a consistent payday, only about ten thousand times more profitable.

RosaP

Newcomer
I finished the community center in my first save, but I wanted to try the Joja route this time. I have many regrets (the warehouse is so boring), and I can't decide which development to do first. Should I do the minecarts first? Or the bus?

I'm halfway through Fall Y1 and haven't upgraded my house yet, but I have a coop and one chicken :wchicken:
Help!!! I became a Joja member before I finished the community center. Now I can’t complete it anymore.😢😢😭

I would do greenhouse first, especially if you've got sprinklers already. It takes 6 iridium sprinklers or 16 quality sprinklers to fully cover the greenhouse. Everbearing plants live forever in the greenhouse, and fruit trees bear every day all year. So it can finance all the rest of the improvements.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
But now you can buy the same things from joja. It doesn't make much difference in the long run.
Yeah, the only things you lose are a useless decoration item, bad placement for the movie theater, and a feeling of wholesomeness some people experience for some reason.