How to start Mermaid´s dance?

shurpresa

Tiller
Whenever I get into the mermaids boat, It doesn´t happen anything guys, I can not click of the shells, no one start singing or appear on stage, this is winter 2 and I really want to finish that secret note...

I am on the third day of they night market and I will not play until we got a solution :sweat::sweat:

I play on Android if it helps at all.

Cheers!

shurpresa

Tiller
You have to wait for a second, the mermaid show takes a couple of seconds to start. It's not immediate.
As I am writing this, I am stading inside, I entered the show at 20:20, I hear nothing but some birds singing far away, It doestn change anythig if I stand still or if I move around.. :( I am sad I want my little shiny reward

EDIT: Also just noticed that times passes while you are inside even if the time doesnt display.
I went inside at 20:20 and left at 23:10 and comeback inside again until the second "Its getting late sign" showed up

imnvs

Local Legend
I would restart the day, see if that helps, or just go the next day if the Night Market is still in town. The mermaid should start without you having to do anything. I could recommend walking further in than just the door. I walk straight up to the stage, and wait for her to finish so I can get my pearl.

shurpresa

Tiller
I would restart the day, see if that helps, or just go the next day if the Night Market is still in town. The mermaid should start without you having to do anything. I could recommend walking further in than just the door. I walk straight up to the stage, and wait for her to finish so I can get my pearl.
It did not help, I think I bugged her somehow.

I went on year 1 two nights and thought it was maybe because I didnt obtain the secret note yet, but I went three days in year 2 and nothing, I spent there most of the evenings those days, moving around, standing still, I dont know... I guess I will simply forget about her and report it as a bug.

Cheers!

imnvs

Local Legend
You know, I've never gone back, to watch her again after the first time each save, now that I think about it.

Thaddeus_

Sodbuster
Hm. Steam player? Have steam check the integrity of the game cache. It may be that somehow (possible ALT+F4ing the game during the show) you accidentally messed up the file. Try a different save file before completely doing a fresh install of the game (as that is sort of the nuclear option).

Also, have you had any emergency saves? Those can bug certain features of the game like slime hutches.

Thaddeus_

Sodbuster
Also, (meant to include this in the main post) if you don't have any mods installed and this happens with a different save you may wish to report it as a bug.

shurpresa

Tiller
Also, (meant to include this in the main post) if you don't have any mods installed and this happens with a different save you may wish to report it as a bug.
No mods, I play the original game, tho... It is downloaded from a pirate web, but so far this is the only bug I found.

ALso I reported it

imnvs

Local Legend
The original game... from a pirate web? So you're using a pirated copy of the game? What version?

shurpresa

Tiller
The original game... from a pirate web? So you're using a pirated copy of the game? What version?

I know it is shameful to download apk, but it was a mobile game and quite rather expensive for a mobile, so before knowing if I was going to play it I downloaded.

Since then, I bought the original tho, but I dont know how to transfer a the game file to keep playing my farm, so until 1.5 I will keep playing the apk :S:S:S

Thaddeus_

Sodbuster

I know it is shameful to download apk, but it was a mobile game and quite rather expensive for a mobile, so before knowing if I was going to play it I downloaded.

Since then, I bought the original tho, but I dont know how to transfer a the game file to keep playing my farm, so until 1.5 I will keep playing the apk :S:S:S
I mean you're legally fine now because you have agreed to the EULA and have purchased the rights to play the game (included in the EULA)

Most likely 1.4.5 had a rare bug with this, because I have seen some users on the steam community page reporting this around the time 1.4.5 was released.
My advice? Start fresh.
I haven't seen anything from ConcernedApe on this bug though, so it probably only occurs under VERY specific circumstances and that's probably how it slipped through the cracks.
Bugs like this in other games such as KSP like the map kraken which are rare can happen. The game just encounters an unexpected series of events and it stops triggering events.

Are you using the APK money mod for that savefile? That may be the reason why.

shurpresa

Tiller
I mean you're legally fine now because you have agreed to the EULA and have purchased the rights to play the game (included in the EULA)

Most likely 1.4.5 had a rare bug with this, because I have seen some users on the steam community page reporting this around the time 1.4.5 was released.
My advice? Start fresh.
I haven't seen anything from ConcernedApe on this bug though, so it probably only occurs under VERY specific circumstances and that's probably how it slipped through the cracks.
Bugs like this in other games such as KSP like the map kraken which are rare can happen. The game just encounters an unexpected series of events and it stops triggering events.

Are you using the APK money mod for that savefile? That may be the reason why.
as imnvs said is the original game only, 0 mods or anything added.
So it must be what you said previously.

And yes, I will start fresh as soon as 1.5 is released, I am such a new player and I can not wait :)

No, he said he's rocking it old school. 😉 I'm guessing it is just a rare, Android-only bug.

Hold on. I thought 1.4.5.145 was the current version for Android. 🤔
Sent you a pm about it, hope you don´t mind it.