Solved How to Spawn Custom Item

MisterBoots90s

Newcomer
I made a custom decor item that I want an NPC to gift to the player. I know with base game items you use [# # #], where the # is the item ID. How do I do this with custom furniture made with the Custom Furniture mod? Or do I use a different method? The wiki has something about adding an item to inventory, but I don't know if that would work in dialogue or even how to use it. Is it even possible?

MisterBoots90s

Newcomer
So apparently item IDs for furniture is not gonna work for the [# # #] method. Instead, I found that I could take an object from the springsobjects.png, like the small glow ring, and edit the data to change it to what I want. Of course, if you want to do what I initially wanted to do but with more than one item or didn't want to edit an already existing item then you're out of luck.

mouse

Farmer
I don't think there's a way to do this yet with Custom Furniture items, but with JSON Assets items (the framework to add custom objects, big craftables, crops, etc) you would use its CP tokens from your Content Patcher pack. The example at that page shows how you would send a custom JA crop in a letter. The same tokens work in events where you'd use the ID in dialogue to have the NPC gift you the item.