Hey!

tdog0008

Sodbuster
I’ve played this game for a while- since before v. 1.1 in fact- but I just now created a forum account!

I just love this game. I grew up on a farm, and had a very active imagination. The idea of finishing my farm chores and then going off to explore an abandoned mine filled with monsters sounds like something I would have played as a kid, and here it is, in a game! For that reason, this game makes me nostalgic, even though it’s not anywhere old enough to do so.

So to ConcernedApe, thank you for creating something that taps into that deep nostalgia that I feel for farm life, with just enough fantastic elements to appeal to my inner child.

Chililover

Planter
Hey tdog! Nice to meet you! I too share the nostalgia! There's just something about it that I love!! For me it's mainly the music! I listen to it every night so I can sleep! Lol!
How's your farm going?! I'm very interested how many in game hours have you clocked!!

tdog0008

Sodbuster
Hey tdog! Nice to meet you! I too share the nostalgia! There's just something about it that I love!! For me it's mainly the music! I listen to it every night so I can sleep! Lol!
How's your farm going?! I'm very interested how many in game hours have you clocked!!
I’ve actually bought the game twice- once on the PC and the other on the Switch. I’m in Year 4 on my Switch file, with 91 hours clocked. Less than that on the PC, but I think I’m in year 3.

Here in my second play through, I really hit the community center hard, and have completed it!

Welcome to the forums, Tdog!
I just love this game. I grew up on a farm, and had a very active imagination. The idea of finishing my farm chores and then going off to explore an abandoned mine filled with monsters sounds like something I would have played as a kid, and here it is, in a game! For that reason, this game makes me nostalgic, even though it’s not anywhere old enough to do so.
The game also brings back my old time. Playing pixelized game with my own imagination to make it more fun.

gwolfy

Greenhorn
What kinda farm did you live in? More of an animal or crop one? I've always wanted to live on a horse farm since I was little. I also love using my imagination for fun things and running around outside lol. I'm 22 though >_<

tdog0008

Sodbuster
What kinda farm did you live in? More of an animal or crop one? I've always wanted to live on a horse farm since I was little. I also love using my imagination for fun things and running around outside lol. I'm 22 though >_<
We had cattle, though we also planted corn and soybeans.

tdog0008

Sodbuster
oooh. did you bond with any specific cows? how much effort did it take to maintain the fields for growing? o:
Well, we sold the cattle for meat, so there wasn’t much bonding with them. But we had an old donkey that was really friendly for a donkey. He used to let us ride him.

As for maintainence, yeah, that’s a lot of work. But it’s also just kind of normal when you’re used to it.