Hey are you interested in farming in real life? Survey!

Punkcactus

Greenhorn
Hi there!
Has playing stardew valley ever made you fantasize about farming or gardening in real life?
I'm a college senior working on my thesis around this topic! Currently I'm looking for people to take a quick 9 question google survey about this, it seriously would help me out!
It's just basic info about your experience with farming and any steps you've taken towards actually starting.
Thanks in advance if you take this survey I really really appreciate it!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I took the survey! Very interesting questions, thank you for sharing :)

Stardew Valley definitely revived some interest on my end, though it's mostly my family that made it more of an active pursuit. We don't live off of our yields but we do rely on it more than we used to.

Chililover

Planter
I took the survey! Very interesting questions, thank you for sharing :)

Stardew Valley definitely revived some interest on my end, though it's mostly my family that made it more of an active pursuit. We don't live off of our yields but we do rely on it more than we used to.
What all do you grow! I'm interested!!

Ereo

Helper
We have a tiny balcony (maybe 2m²) and grow potatoes and a lemon tree. And also a pot with rosemary that got too giant for the kitchen window, flower boxes of basil, arugula, lavender and mint. arugula and lavender didn't like the weather this year, they were either soaked from heavy rain or dried out completely cause it was sunny for two days, so no harvest there :( .

We also have a herbal garden on the window sill (sage, thyme, chive and oregano).

My partner would like a real garden, but I think we'd ultimately be too lazy to do stuff when it needs to be done. Last year, he harvested the potatoes in time for Christmas dinner...

Chililover

Planter
We have a tiny balcony (maybe 2m²) and grow potatoes and a lemon tree. And also a pot with rosemary that got too giant for the kitchen window, flower boxes of basil, arugula, lavender and mint. arugula and lavender didn't like the weather this year, they were either soaked from heavy rain or dried out completely cause it was sunny for two days, so no harvest there :( .

We also have a herbal garden on the window sill (sage, thyme, chive and oregano).

My partner would like a real garden, but I think we'd ultimately be too lazy to do stuff when it needs to be done. Last year, he harvested the potatoes in time for Christmas dinner...
Wow. You do more farming on your balcony and window than most people with 20+ acres! Lol!
good luck with your plants btw!

Anhaga

Rancher
Hi there!
Has playing stardew valley ever made you fantasize about farming or gardening in real life?
I'm a college senior working on my thesis around this topic! Currently I'm looking for people to take a quick 9 question google survey about this, it seriously would help me out!
It's just basic info about your experience with farming and any steps you've taken towards actually starting.
Thanks in advance if you take this survey I really really appreciate it!

Good luck with it! I gave you my answers, though I'm one of those odd types who is uncertain about a "real" farm because she does a little farming wherever they go. My husband and I are trying to get our garden growing well enough that we won't have to buy veggies in the summer. Right now we simply can't afford the land we'd need for anything more than growing veg in the back yard.