PC [HELP] Random crashing while hosting coop on Mac

maggotqueen

Newcomer
Hi! I've been hosting coop on my Mac and I'm experiencing random crashes. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between time of day, what I'm doing in the game, or length of the time the app has been running. I can't repeat the error but *always* happens during play, any time between a few minutes and several hours into play. The game freezes, I receive a Mac error dialogue, and then I have to force quit Steam because Stardew isn't responding (force quitting Stardew doesn't work for some reason).

The only other person in my game is my partner, who is connecting on the same network. She's told that the server has disconnected a few minutes after my game freezes.

I'm launching the game from Steam, and using a PS4 controller. I'm playing in full screen mode.

I've attached 4 error logs from different crashes.

Operating system: MacOS Catalina, 10.15.5
BuildID: 4665301

UPDATE: I think the crash might be occurring if the PS4 controller disconnects. I'm using a cable, not bluetooth. I was originally using a cable that fit somewhat loosely into the controller. On a hunch I switched cables with my partner, who was using one that fit the controller better. The crashes stopped for me. When she deliberately unplugged her controller while playing, Stardew immediately crashed.

Attachments

Last edited:

maggotqueen

Newcomer
It's not solved. The game crashes if a PS4 controller is disconnected. I just got an Xbox One controller and it seems to have the same issue

kyleg

Greenhorn
I too consistently deal with this bug using an Xbox One controller on my Macs. I try to keep my controller batteries fully charged every time I play, however randomly this crash still happens. I would love a way to fix this. It happens on both my iMac and Macbook Pro. Reach out if you need any other details.

P.S. I love the game. Thanks for the many hours spent enjoying it :)