PC [HELP] Problem playing Co-op

Gomezero

Newcomer
Hello, when I try to play with my GF the only option it appears to her is "LAN", however when I try to connect to her she can´t invite me and also she can´t see the invite code, we have tried multiple things such as downloading Microsoft visual and also looking at her firewall, we are playing on Steam and we are very frustrated :( hope you can help me!! thanks

diddle783

Greenhorn
i have the same problem..tried everything from the trouble shooter, reset router, uninstall visial package an install again nothing is helping so far

Odin

Staff member
Are all players launching the game through steam or the gog launcher? Just opening the game directly will cause this issue.

Principales

Newcomer
Are all players launching the game through steam or the gog launcher? Just opening the game directly will cause this issue.
Yes, we both are launching the game from the steam client. He gets the friendcode button, but i dont

Odin

Staff member
@Gomezero @diddle783 @Emytheberry @Principales
Hi everyone! I saw a suggestion today that this issue can be caused if someone has an a word in their steam name that might be considered inappropriate. Apparently this can block them from having access to multiplayer. Is it possible this is the issue for anyone here?

If that's not it and you haven't yet tried the steps listed on the game wiki (I know some of you have), you can find those here:

diddle783

Greenhorn
ah the name was indeed the case, strange cause i dont see anything in the name diddle...but yeah that was the solution..thns for the help

Last edited: