Switch [HELP] Nintendo Switch joycon sync issues possible bug?

Hello everyone!
Every time that I enter the game (from sleep mode, or if I click the home button and try to go back to the game) it asks me to sync the joycons (which are already attached to the undocked device). It's getting annoying to do every time and now I'm wondering if it's something wrong with my joycons but it never happens with other games so it seems to be exclusive to Stardew Valley. Does anyone know if this a known issue or if it's just me that is having this issue? (Note: I have recalibrated my joycons many times and my switch is not in airplane mode, I have also never used different controllers besides these joycons, this problem happened before and after I updated the switch/joycons) Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Onenote

Sodbuster
I dont know if it'll help but a little while ago the joy cons got an update that has to be manually installed (as in the system wont ask you if it wants it to be done like regular system updates and you have to go into your system settings and hit the update button), that might have something to do with this?

I dont know if it'll help but a little while ago the joy cons got an update that has to be manually installed (as in the system wont ask you if it wants it to be done like regular system updates and you have to go into your system settings and hit the update button), that might have something to do with this?
thanks for the reply! This issue actually happened before the update and after the update. I updated the switch and controllers already when the update came out and it's still happening. It's really odd and I can't figure out why.

kohlrak

Farmhand
This should be on the switch side, not stardew side. I'm wondering if resetting the joycons would help. The joycons, under the hood, are bluetooth devices. So when you say "pairing" i start to wonder "are you playing your neighbor's switch?"

But really, i do find the exclusivity to stardew valley to be odd. But, it's not unusual. I tell my girlfriend and everyone else all the time to close software, whether it's switch or PS4 or whatever. "Sleep mode" is one of those really terrible things that just cause problems in the long run. It's not unusual for me to come across weird bugs related to sleep modes regardless of system (especially PC, though). I understand everyone wants you to never turn off their devices (no idea why that actually is, though), but it's just not good for software.