PS4 [HELP] Multiplayer crashing everytime someone joins my game (Error code: CE 4878-0)

didimd

Greenhorn
I am the host of the file, I'm already in Year 3 and I don't want to lose my progress :(. The game crashes (Error code: CE 4878-0) everytime my friend joins the game. We've tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the game, restarting the consoles, restoring the licenses, and updating the software. I also tried creating a new file, which he can easily join. He also tried hosting a new file, which I can also easily join. However when we try to play the old file in Co-Op mode it still crashes when my friend joins.

kohlrak

Farmhand
I am the host of the file, I'm already in Year 3 and I don't want to lose my progress :(. The game crashes (Error code: CE 4878-0) everytime my friend joins the game. We've tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the game, restarting the consoles, restoring the licenses, and updating the software. I also tried creating a new file, which he can easily join. He also tried hosting a new file, which I can also easily join. However when we try to play the old file in Co-Op mode it still crashes when my friend joins.
The error does not generate from Stardew Valley, but from the PS4 console. However, if i may make a recommendation given what the cause of that error is, i'd get a USB stick and backup your saves as soon as possible (don't ever trust these cloud services). I have a PS4, but i don't have SDV on PS4, so i have to ask, how many saves does it have? How old is the PS4 and how often do you use it? The error, specifically, indicates hard-drive errors, suggesting the internal hard drive might be going bad (which doesn't take long with PS4s 'cause they abuse the hard drive really badly).

zoba06

Greenhorn
Hello, I'm having the exact same issues and tried all the same things to fix it and nothing has worked. Hopefully there is a fix for this issue I don't want to lose my save we have over 80 hours in it.