PC [HELP] guests keep getting disconnected from the server

dave69doritos

Greenhorn
yo,
so basically me and my bf started playing coop together and everything was fine for ~two whole season and all, then i tried to invite a third person in and well, he kept crashing/losing co everytime they tried to leave his cabin then everyone began to lose connection
now the third person is no longer trynna come in since it doesnt work and we tried to keep playing like before my bf and i,
it seemed to all be ok until well now he gets the "connection was lost" something/gets kicked from the server once in a while, can go on for days before it happens again or it can happen twice in the same day (game time) but now its gotten even worse, it happens like 2 minutes into game, and he can barely even get in the server (sometimes gotta restart it cause he couldnt even get in since it directly says that i stopped the connection or smthg and if he gets in, he keeps getting the "connection stopped from host" something message, while im still in game and didnt do anything. been a few days like this, and yea worse n worse like 5 days ago we could still at least play 30mins without him getting disconnected.
p.s: he got a mac, i got windows
p.p.s: i had to DL wiseFlow before this all happened idk if it could have had any impact on the start of these events? i uninstalled lockdown to see but still had the problem and i cant fully uninstall it all since finals are a coming, could it be the problem?

we tried :

-restarting the laptops,
-starting game directly from steam,
-destroying that new house i had built for my friend,
-removing a mod that i had recently installed,
-here i also dled XNA framework or smthg ive read that could help?
-we also both deleted start up preferences
-i reinstalled the game
i be reading buncha other posts but cant seem to find that exact same deal so yea

EDIT: we tried to make a new server just in case, doesnt work either we encounter the same problem

what can we do to fix this?? keeps happening

thks in advance for any help,
respect

Last edited: