PC [HELP] Crash while fishing

takisama

Tiller
I have fixed my saves file and change fishingLevel from 10 to 20. Everything works just fine 2 days in game. I go fishing for straight 2 days and nothing seems wrong at all. But in a rainy day in spring, I go fishing for Legend fish. I catched 2 fish and crash while I was catching the 3rd. I think it may be because of the change, but I can't tell how and why. I don't know if this thread is suitable for my post so I'm so sorry if I make you guys uncomfortable.
Here is the error I got. Please help me fix this. I just wan to catch fish easier because fishing is really hard for me. Thanks for your helps!!

Parameter name: minValue
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at System.Random.Next(Int32 minValue, Int32 maxValue)
at StardewValley.Menus.BobberBar.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\BobberBar.cs:line 332
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4110
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3548
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2913
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 152

Last edited by a moderator:

theirah

Newcomer
I got this bug as well. I've been crashing intermittently with this error since the 1.5 patch. I am also fishing for legendaries, and have gotten this crash both in spring while raining at the mountain lake and in summer on the beach on the east pier. The crash can happen in the middle of the fishing game, and it's clear the fish I'm trying to catch is not a legendary fish (no hat). I have the +4 fishing buff (from seafoam pudding) and am using a cork bobber. I am playing on PC, no mods. https://community.playstarbound.com...value-cannot-be-greater-than-maxvalue.162202/ is a link to where I first reported this bug, before I found this forum. I don't know if that was a valid place to report the bug.

Last edited: