Solved [HELP] Controls in Museum

levy

Farmhand
This isn't really a _big_ technically issue, but it might be to some.

The controls in the museum are very wonky on the Switch. It starts out fine when most of the slots are still free, but I am now at the point where most of the free slots are covered by the (in the options declared as "flexible" just for this) item field. I've figured out that using the mouse with the right thumb-pad gives a bit more options to work with, but the mouse controls are all over the place on the Switch.

It feels nearly impossible to retroactively change the location of already placed artifacts, e.g. if I want all the bones on one pedestal. I know it's possible but very hard to work around - It will let me grab like 2 items and then unforgivingly close the menu and not let me reopen until I find another item to donate.

Do you guys have tips for the controls in this area? I already managed to figure out on my own (by accident) that by moving "up" on the very top row of the items it'll also have the mouse go into the "outer" field to touch the artifacts.

Will there be a "Rearrange Artifacts" option post-finishing the Museum at all? Is it easier to handle?

*e: There's a great tip in the wiki I only saw yesterday that helped a great deal!
In order to move items inside the donation interface on the Switch, you'll have to go into "Options" and disable "Use Controller Style Menus".

Last edited:

levy

Farmhand
Oh I... don't know. The tip in the wiki helped me in a state where I'm short of maybe 1 or 2 objects (for clarification)

Odin

Staff member
Rearrange artifacts in the museum after you donate all artifacts and minerals
Oh I... don't know. The tip in the wiki helped me in a state where I'm short of maybe 1 or 2 objects (for clarification)
If you visit the museum after donating all items, you can still re-arrange things by clicking on the paper and pencil on the counter to the left of Gunter :)