Xbox [HELP] Co-op world gone after receiving connection failed error at the end of in game day

Kerrs1218

Newcomer
Wondering if someone can help me out, the past 2 days me and my bf have been getting a "connection failed" at the end of the day, we're playing on xbox and we just cant seem to play because we have to keep restarting the day. Now after trying to restart the xbox and router my co op world that I have almost 200 hours in is not listed in the coop section instead it's in the single player section with a blank name and says I have 0 hours played, what can I do to fix this?

ReversePrague

Greenhorn
Yeah I got this same issue yesterday and haven't been able to recover my save. So much wasted time I dont even want to bother starting again.

Hajinga

Greenhorn
Bought the game yesterday to play with my friends on Xbox and have gotten the "connection failed" error three times, deleting our co-op save every time (despite sleeping at the end of the in-game day to save our progress). The first time it happened was after a couple minutes, the second time was after an hour, and the third time was after about 6-8 hours; we all live around the same area and none of us have any connection issues in other games, so I don't think that's the problem either. The timing's been random, as far as I can tell. Hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Hajinga

Greenhorn
Wondering if someone can help me out, the past 2 days me and my bf have been getting a "connection failed" at the end of the day, we're playing on xbox and we just cant seem to play because we have to keep restarting the day. Now after trying to restart the xbox and router my co op world that I have almost 200 hours in is not listed in the coop section instead it's in the single player section with a blank name and says I have 0 hours played, what can I do to fix this?
I didn't host our co-op save, but my friend said the same thing happened - blank name with the default avatar, 0 hours played under single-player.

smor145

Sodbuster
It was not a connection error for me at least. I tried to contact the support staff twice, and I received no replies. I also contacted Xbox support, and they were not helpful. I believe it is a game issue. My world was not originally co-op, but when it disappeared I was playing in co-op when I attempted to save. I played another world today with the same friend, and had zero problems. I just need my old world back. I had a family of ducks, chickens, cats, and cows as well as a husband, whom I miss dearly.

OxygenOasis

Newcomer
I’m having the exact same issue. My boyfriend and I had a co-op farm (he is hosting) and we were in Spring, Year 5. Suddenly the connection failed and our save vanished. He checked again The next day and there is now a file with 0 hours played under single player games. He launched it and it is our farm, but he says he’s getting weird lag although he can tend to our animals and harvest items, etc. We were brainstorming on how to fix it but he’s afraid to build another cabin to make it multiplayer again or save the game in fear it might further mess up our farm and have it be unrecoverable. We had well over 100 hours into this save file. The only comfort is the fact we’re not alone in this issue. I hope it can be fixed.

Sagee

Newcomer
Same thing happened to me today. Put tons of hours into my save just for me to sleep and it get deleted. This is ridiculous. This bug is ruining the game for so many people. Fix it. I will not recommend this game to anyone until it is fixed.
This game is really fun and really cool. I like it a lot. But I won't recommend a game that will literally take your save away.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hi, sorry this is happening.
It would be helpful to get as much information on the problem as possible.
Is everyone in this thread playing on XBOX? If not, please let me know what platform you are on.
When it says "Connection Failed", is it always at the end of the day? Does the connection fail at any other time? Is there any noticeable connection between when the connection failure happens and then this 0 hours played blank avatar thing happens?
Any other relevant details you might think of, please share as well.

smor145

Sodbuster
Is everyone in this thread playing on XBOX? If not, please let me know what platform you are on.
When it says "Connection Failed", is it always at the end of the day? Does the connection fail at any other time? Is there any noticeable connection between when the connection failure happens and then this 0 hours played blank avatar thing happens?
Hi ConcernedApe, cannot speak for everyone, but I am playing on Xbox One. I have received a few connection errors, but only 1 time did it erase my whole save file. That time it was at the end of the day. It was immediately after the connection error, and you reload the game that the save file shows a blank avatar, and zero hours. It happened during a multiplayer game. We had been playing for a little bit at the time. I would say for a couple of hours when it happened. I also remember that neither of us made it to bed, so our players fell asleep on the floor (not sure if that matters). I also had over 50 hours on the certain game file. Pretty sure a lot of the other people who had this issue also had a lot of hours racked up. I checked my storage for the game, and it said I have over 125 kb saved back when it happened. Hopefully, this helps. Sorry for bugging you with this issue.

TheBunji

Greenhorn
I’ve got a year 5 save on Switch, I’ve tried to add my girlfriend as a farmer in co-op from her Switch Lite twice, but every time we go to bed, we both get a black screen and it never gets to the sold items screen, just stays black forever. No “connection failed” errors and my save still works in single player mode, but we can’t get it to save after 1 day of co-op. Might be a different issue but sounds similar.

Cruser

Greenhorn
Just happened to me last night. This was on Xbox, it was my coop save. I had gotten errors maybe twice before and it just made me lose a day of the game, but last night I walked into the bed to save and confirmed that I wanted to sleep (Guessing it’s not relevant, but this was the night right before Summer Day 1 of Year 3). Instantly it brought me to the main title screen with a connection error message. I went back over and my save was gone, I play this on all platforms, but this was my longest save by far. Love the game but it’s very discouraging. I started a fresh run today Just doing single player, hoping that the issue is tied to coop.

Cruser

Greenhorn
Just happened to me last night. This was on Xbox, it was my coop save. I had gotten errors maybe twice before and it just made me lose a day of the game, but last night I walked into the bed to save and confirmed that I wanted to sleep (Guessing it’s not relevant, but this was the night right before Summer Day 1 of Year 3). Instantly it brought me to the main title screen with a connection error message. I went back over and my save was gone, I play this on all platforms, but this was my longest save by far. Love the game but it’s very discouraging. I started a fresh run today Just doing single player, hoping that the issue is tied to coop.
Also wanted to add, I do switch between two Xbox consoles so maybe that’s something but this didn’t happen right after a switch I had been playing for probably over an hour plus I never had issues going back in forth and I do that daily.