Xbox [HELP] Co-op world gone after receiving connection failed error at the end of in game day

Dob

Greenhorn
Hi, sorry this is happening.
It would be helpful to get as much information on the problem as possible.
Is everyone in this thread playing on XBOX? If not, please let me know what platform you are on.
When it says "Connection Failed", is it always at the end of the day? Does the connection fail at any other time? Is there any noticeable connection between when the connection failure happens and then this 0 hours played blank avatar thing happens?
Any other relevant details you might think of, please share as well.
Found a "fix". Load the save that gets created in the single player that has 0:00 playtime, sleep to save and it will reappear for co-op. Had the same issue, playing on Xbox One X, day 1 summer year 3. Went to sleep and as soon as I clicked yes I got the connection failed message. Took me to title screen and co-op save was missing. Showed a game in single player with the default avatar, 0:00 playtime, 500 money's. I feel like there was a similar issue when this first arrived on console only it was on the single player (obviously). Didn't delete the save but made it impossible to progress past that specific day.

Dob

Greenhorn
Found a "fix". Load the save that gets created in the single player that has 0:00 playtime, sleep to save and it will reappear for co-op. Had the same issue, playing on Xbox One X, day 1 summer year 3. Went to sleep and as soon as I clicked yes I got the connection failed message. Took me to title screen and co-op save was missing. Showed a game in single player with the default avatar, 0:00 playtime, 500 money's. I feel like there was a similar issue when this first arrived on console only it was on the single player (obviously). Didn't delete the save but made it impossible to progress past that specific day.
P.S. LOVE your game sir, fine work.

Dob

Greenhorn
After retrieving my save game for co-op, played for a couple of in game days, all seemed fine, then I got an artifact. It appears that the artifacts have reset and displays are empty in the museum now.

ChihuahuaHunter

Greenhorn
Having the same problem as other people with losing save data, the only difference is that it's not even showing up as a solo player 0:00 save. Before the problem, I was playing in my multiplayer save for approximately 5 minutes (I had just gotten on the game) and went to sleep for the next in-game day. This was the moment I had received the 'Connection Failed' message and all of my data was gone. I love the game and I'm hoping we can get this fixed! :D

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn’t get an email notification for this thread, and thank you for jumping in here!

I play on Xbox One. This was happening a lot in May, it seemed to subside, but then popped back up again recently.

For me, it was always at the end of the day, either just as I went to bed or just as the day’s totals were showing. It would say connection failed and then I would have to replay the same day all over again.

It never happened any other time for me.

Thanks again for your work on this game! A friend and I who have never been gamers before have suddenly found ourselves really enjoying a video game for the first time!

cheers

Is everyone in this thread playing on XBOX? If not, please let me know what platform you are on.
When it says "Connection Failed", is it always at the end of the day? Does the connection fail at any other time? Is there any noticeable connection between when the connection failure happens and then this 0 hours played blank avatar thing happens?

Trufflepig

Newcomer
This just happened to me! Year 3, I host it. It’s gone after a “failed connection” when we went to sleep.

ZantheFarmer

Newcomer
Me and my friend are on Xbox old save from before the update and it was a single player file turned into multi-player file

Kazza

Greenhorn
I have a similar one it just kicks me to black screen. Playing on xbox
Always at the end of the day. Got a video of it but can't post it here

NuclearVexx

Newcomer
I spent years on my character, and had a full lot to show for with only needing 3 achievements left to finish the game. The failed connection wiped my character and i am honestly so upset i haven't been able to play any other game since it happened (earlier today around 8:00 pm est). I play stardew when i'm sad, or want to numb external distress. Please give me back my character i love so much.

Chihuahua_K1ng

Newcomer
Wondering if someone can help me out, the past 2 days me and my bf have been getting a "connection failed" at the end of the day, we're playing on xbox and we just cant seem to play because we have to keep restarting the day. Now after trying to restart the xbox and router my co op world that I have almost 200 hours in is not listed in the coop section instead it's in the single player section with a blank name and says I have 0 hours played, what can I do to fix this?
Same thing happened to me just now and I really hope it gets fixed cause it was my only good farm.

Orangepiglet13

Newcomer
Me and my bf have been working on a world for weeks and it’s just gone and we are both upset about it and no longer feel we can play coop anymore because when we started a new world it crashed at the end of day one

JamesXBest

Newcomer
Playing on Xbox One, ran into this issue:
I had been running the file as a host for maybe about an hour, waiting for my partner to be available to play along. When they were finally ready, every time I tried to send them an invite, and they tried to accept, it wouldn't go through, giving them the connection failure message. Shortly after, it went as far as not being able to send the invite request, after which I tried to end the day. Upon ending the day, instead of saving, a connection failure message appeared on my screen, and redirected me to the main menu, after which the blank farm file appeared.

RangerLilac

Newcomer
I also had this issue, I was still able to log in to the zero hours and blank avatar, and by sleeping I was able to overwrite my save and bring it back to coop. The progress had saved though we got a connection failed, and it had progressed to the next day in game. However, when I went to the community center I noticed my progress had been wiped. I was able to access the first bundle, but before the glitch, I had four open and some of the bundles complete (though, none of the rooms). I just switched to a different season, so getting the spring bundle stuff, even with my hoarding in case quests or issues arises, will be quite a pain.
I’ve had the blank avatar twice, the first time I deleted it thinking it was just a glitch and lost my coop world, and the second time I overrode my data but lost my community center (that’s the only major loss I know of so far).
I also have the connection failed bug quite often and we have to restart that day, I can’t tell if there is a trigger but it doesn’t seem to be the case. I hosted and my friends have hosted, and all of us have had the connection issue and every time it seems random.

Jaysin

Newcomer
Same problem has just happened to me as well. I play on Xbox One and was just about to hit Year 5. I was just heading to bed, layed in bed and got a Connection error. I went to go launch my co-op world backup and nothing was there. I then checked my saves/loads and there’s a blank save with no time played, 500g and a “Farm” name. I hope there’s a fix for this soon, i love this game and would be upset if I can’t get my save back. Thank you.

rissaoo

Newcomer
SOLVED: OMG I WENT INTO THE RANDOM CHARACTER IN LOAD AND MY GAME WAS THERE, I THEN SAVED THE GAME, EXITED THE GAME, AND WENT INTO CO-OP LOAD, AND ITS BACK. OUR FARM IS BACK.

at first when it happened it was just my boyfriend disconnecting and then i started to disconnect only upon sleeping. but because i mined a lot i didn’t get to go to my bed as much as he did so i disconnected less frequently, today about two days into our world right after completing the town hall, we wanted to get off and play a seperate game because once again it had crashed and we were used to it and knew nothing really happened with it. when we came back the file was completely gone with no error message.
mine didn’t have the new 0 hours played thing.

Irene_puppy

Newcomer
Hey guys, I too have now been getting the same issue, I have no idea how to fix this, and I spent a lot of time on this world, my boyfriend recently joined me on co-op and then now I can’t play with him on it, has anyone found a fix to this?

Xelanayr

Newcomer
I know this is now 4 years on from the time of your reply but was this issue ever resolved? It's now 2024 and I've been playing this game with my niece for quite some time, mostly during weekends and school holidays and after playing last night and ending the game as normal, coming back today she can't find the save file any more. This has upset her quite a bit and I'd like to know if there was any fix for this as the thread seemed to have been forgotten about.