Solved [HELP] Can you play multiplayer on Mac?

Hi! I play SDV on my Chromebook, but lately I’ve been wanting to play multiplayer with my friend who just got interested in SDV! Here are my two questions:
Can you play multiplayer on Mac? If so, how? Can you download SDV from the app store and play multiplayer or do you have to download it on Steam to play multiplayer?
Also, can you use Steam on a Chromebook to play multiplayer? I know that Steam isn’t a native Chromebook app, but there are ways to install it on a Chromebook. Will it work if I get Steam on a Chromebook and try to play multiplayer?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

liquidcat

Staff member
You can play multiplayer on a Mac when you download the game through steam! On pc you can play with other people regardless of their OS. But multiplayer is not available on chromebook version as it runs android stardew valley which does not feature multiplayer.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I started playing SDV in multiplayer on a Mac. But using the GOG version where you connect via IP address on your home LAN. I think if you use GOG Galaxy (GOG's Steam-like game launcher), you can play with other GOG SDV users like Steam players can.

Odin

Staff member
I think if you use GOG Galaxy (GOG's Steam-like game launcher), you can play with other GOG SDV users like Steam players can.
Actually, everyone on Windows, Mac, and Linux can play together, regardless of if they purchased the game through Steam or GOG. You're correct that GOG players will need to launch the game through GOG Galaxy to play multiplayer.

imnvs

Local Legend
You're correct that GOG players will need to launch the game through GOG Galaxy to play multiplayer.
Actually, this isn't completely true. The wife and I play without loading up GOG Galaxy. We're just playing on a LAN, though.