Switch [HELP] Accidentally deleting quests happens often - and it struck an important one

levy

Farmhand
Hello,

first up I love the game, been sinking hours into it on the Switch thus far :D

While pausing the game with the journal I've had it happen that I sometimes accidentally delete quests. It's not that dramatic with the billboard quests, but I've also had it happen to "Linus' Blackberry Basket" and just recently the "Mr. Qui on Floor 100" quest, which I had been REALLY looking forward to finishing. According to wiki it has an exclusive non-monetary reward that cannot be gained anywhere else in the game, which is just a shame.

When I noticed I immediately backpaddled and restored the day, but the quest remains lost, I must have deleted it on a prior day on accident. I've tried reactivating it by selecting Note#10 in the Achievement block, but nothing... I've tried checking the billboard in the community center in hope, but that doesn't do anything either (would be a great slot for sth like that though, then you'd have to earn it first)

I haven't found this problem in all the pages of this forum at all, but a Google search led me to a lot of other people having that problem and while 1 person suggested to hack into the game files and modify some code (source), I... can't really do that on the Switch.

Is there a way to restore it, or is there a bugfix planned? In another topic on the Steam Site, I've seen great suggestions about a "lost journal history" or an option to make the Main quests just not deletable. (source)

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Last edited:

levy

Farmhand
It's been a little over a week now and no input yet, so I guess it's not actually possible at this time to "reactivate" canceled quests in-game.
With this in mind, would it be better to move this into the "Game Suggestions" area?

It occurs to me that accidentally deleting quests is not as big an issue on the PC version as the initial platform because you play mostly with the mouse and have more control over where you click so this has probably never been an issue before.

...But when you play on the switch with the "use console controller" setting on the "mouse" will always be automatically where you can select stuff - the "delete this quest" button being here one of min 2 options in the Journal menu.

I assume this happens very easily if you try to close out of the journal not by selecting "-" again, but one of the more common "b" or "a" buttons to exit menus. I haven't tested the exact combination that triggers this. I might with the daily quests to help look into this issue, but the "automatically adjusting controls" are what I assume the biggest issue causing this.

I would appreciate it if a bugfix for this - at least for the console versions - will be considered because accidentally canceling your last late-game objective kind of sucks away motivation.

Odin

Staff member
To my knowledge quests cannot be triggered again, you can certainly create a thread about this in game suggestions!

Selpmis

Greenhorn
Hi, I know this is thread is almost a year old, but the same thing happened to me on the Nintendo Switch recently. I'm so dissapointed I can't progress my main game because of this!

Geoman265

Tiller
I have accidentally canceled a few quests that can't be recieved again, but I haven't done that with any main quests so far. On xbox, as well.