hello~!

starbrite

Sodbuster
Hi! My name is Starbrite, I've been playing SDV for almost a year now, and I'd love to talk to others that play the game as well :D. I didn't expect to really fall in love with the game when I first started playing, but the villagers are charming in their own ways, it's really relaxing to play, and I have tons of fun decorating my farm!

I also really love to mod, especially dialogue mods and retextures. Tbh this game helped me realize I really like coding, and knowing that CA made this game all by himself inspired me a lot in my own coding projects/studies :D. This game also inspires me in my writings (I write short stories every now and then for fun!) so I'm really happy to have stumbled across the game when I did way back when.

I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

Odin

Staff member
Hey Starbrite, welcome!
I don't play with many mods personally, but I still really like to see what people create!

estewanini

Sodbuster
Hello and welcome!
I also really love to mod, especially dialogue mods and retextures. Tbh this game helped me realize I really like coding, and knowing that CA made this game all by himself inspired me a lot in my own coding projects/studies :D.
That's really cool that you found your passion, have you tried making SDV mods yourself?

starbrite

Sodbuster
Welcome to the Stardew Valley forums, Starbrite!

Well, the game did inspire me about pixel art and my love to pixel-graphic games.
That's awesome! imo pixel art can be the cutest!

Hello and welcome!

That's really cool that you found your passion, have you tried making SDV mods yourself?
Yeah! I'm currently making a Sam Dialogue Expansion mod, and recently learned how to make CP versions of xnb mods (mostly those really pretty retextures you can find in the SDV Naver community). I really like making the dialogue mods because they're quicker and easier to make than other ones + I like writing so it fits right in with what I like.

Hello! I look forward to seeing your mods :) and welcome to the forums!
ty! maybe one day when they're done I'll post a couple on the nexus :D

Yeah! I'm currently making a Sam Dialogue Expansion mod, and recently learned how to make CP versions of xnb mods (mostly those really pretty retextures you can find in the SDV Naver community). I really like making the dialogue mods because they're quicker and easier to make than other ones + I like writing so it fits right in with what I like.
Oh. My. God. Thank you so much!!! Sam is awesome, and he needs more dialogue! Also, I'm currently writing some dialogue for a dialogue expansion mod but have no idea how to code haha :gasp::flushed:
If you have time after your mod-creating I would love if you could help me code it!
Also, remember to post your mods on the forum too :happy: A lot of people (including me) would probably see it!

starbrite

Sodbuster
Thank you for all the welcomes!
Hiya, welcome to the forums! I like your avatar!
ty! :)

Oh. My. God. Thank you so much!!! Sam is awesome, and he needs more dialogue! Also, I'm currently writing some dialogue for a dialogue expansion mod but have no idea how to code haha :gasp::flushed:
If you have time after your mod-creating I would love if you could help me code it!
Also, remember to post your mods on the forum too :happy: A lot of people (including me) would probably see it!
He really does! It's part of why I decided to do it myself because he needs more mod love haha. Harvey also lacks dialogue mods, but I'm way too invested into Seb and Sam to start one for him lol.

That's cool! Who are doing dialogue for? Haha, maybe! I learned from the SDV wiki and made lots of mistakes at first, but it's quite easy to get the hang on once you look at other people's mods. There was another template mod I used on the nexus but unfortunately the original owner deleted it so I'm hesitant to go around posting it, but this one is still up!

He really does! It's part of why I decided to do it myself because he needs more mod love haha. Harvey also lacks dialogue mods, but I'm way too invested into Seb and Sam to start one for him lol.

That's cool! Who are doing dialogue for? Haha, maybe! I learned from the SDV wiki and made lots of mistakes at first, but it's quite easy to get the hang on once you look at other people's mods. There was another template mod I used on the nexus but unfortunately the original owner deleted it so I'm hesitant to go around posting it, but this one is still up!
I'm doing a dialogue mod for every NPC :flushed: It's a big task, but I'm excited for the result! My goal is to add at least 1 question and 1 piece of dialogue for each heart level: 0+ hearts 2 hearts, 4 hearts, 6 hearts, 8 hearts, and 10 hearts! Hm... I might try coding it myself, but overall coding is a very hard thing for me to do. My brain just can't process all those variables!

starbrite

Sodbuster
I'm doing a dialogue mod for every NPC :flushed: It's a big task, but I'm excited for the result! My goal is to add at least 1 question and 1 piece of dialogue for each heart level: 0+ hearts 2 hearts, 4 hearts, 6 hearts, 8 hearts, and 10 hearts! Hm... I might try coding it myself, but overall coding is a very hard thing for me to do. My brain just can't process all those variables!
woah that's so cool though!!!! But it is a lot a work! I think characters like Pam, Willy, Linus, and even Gus could use some extra, interesting dialogues, so I'd love to see how it turns out when you finish it. If I ever decide to dabble into non-bachelor related dialogue mods I'll remember you for a potential collab!