Grow cave carrots in the farm map cave.

Potatoes

Farmer
it would be nice to to be able to change what you do with the cave as well, I decided to put mushrooms in there but I also have the woodland farm so I end up foraging a lot and now wish I had fruit (or cave carrots)

Firehoshi

Sodbuster
Perhaps an upgrade could be given where there's a small patch of soil in the cave where the player could dig up a random number of cave carrots per day, or based on a growth cycle like other edibles in the game. Say a randomized 3-6 cave carrots per day/days?
Maybe in year 2-3 the mushroom cave could have an internal cave in that reveals a place to grow them? but you'd need at least a certain pick level to get in i bet if they did this

Stewyntig

Farmhand
Someone suggested that the autograbber work here too. I liked that suggestion as I often forget to go there

Are the cave carrots really that useful? I never really think about them when I find them and immediately sell them, I think there´s only one quest where you have to give one to Marnie but other than that I haven´t really considered the uses they can have.

Spectre7even

Sodbuster
The Roots Platter has saved my life often in the Mines. That uses cave carrots and winter root.
Yes!!! Before I got good enough to just use Pumpkin Soup (for that delicious Luck bonus), Roots Platter was my go-to sustenance for the (possible spoilers) Skull Cavern, which is where I spend most of my time now. XD That defense was invaluable. Roots Platter is MVP.