Standard Farm Goodnight, Sweet Farm (Spring - Year 5)

Benhimself

Planter
I just now got Mystery of the Stardrops (as well as almost all the other "completionist" achievements) so I'm satisfied with finally setting my first farm aside for now. An earlier version briefly got a few likes in a thread about fish ponds, so presented here, for your enjoyment, is the "final" form.

finalfishpond.png

Benhimself

Planter
Love how you put the crops like that and how you put the Rarecrows in the corners of Junimo huts. The path around the fish ponds looks really cool.
Thanks! The crops bit was definitely taken from Stardew Planner's "useful" section. I had enough room for two "blocks", and with eight rarecrows, it seemed obvious.

Then spreading weeds killed one of my rarecrows, but fortunately I needed to make a deluxe scarecrow for Craftmaster, anyway.

Benhimself

Planter
I didn't realize that you could put crab traps in fish ponds. Do you just not stock the fishpond and then drop in traps?
You actually can't! When I started going nuts with fish ponds I noticed that it would only take a minor adjustment to line up with the smaller existing farm pond pretty nicely, and if you look closely that's what's happening there.

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Farmer
Was the grass area enough to feed your farm animals all three seasons? I'm assuming that's how you fed them as opposed to the silos year round. I ask because I'm trying to find a balance of how much grass area for my 24 farm animals to get fresh grass all three seasons.