Good Luck in Colorful Land

Playing around with fishing and the fortune teller: maybe fish bite better on good luck days, I cannot tell. Not too skilled at fishing but it is a diversion: training rod seems to work better than the bamboo pole. 🐟🐟 I hope fish bite better when it rains, because that is when I don't have to water the grain and have plenty of time for it. 🌧🌧

Ereo

Helper
You can catch different fish when it rains.

Luck doesn't influence it, but you can find more treasure on rainy days.

Use the training rod, and once you get the hang of it and get to level 4 or 5, go and buy a better rod from Willy.

You can use bait on the better rods, which will increase the bite rate.

Boo1972

Farmer
Definitely use bait; I’m embarrassed by how long it took me to realize that you catch a lot more fish with bait. This is a strange suggestion but try playing Geometry dash or games with similar mechanics. It’s the same basic mechanics as fishing but it lets you change things up if you need a break from SDV.

You can catch different fish when it rains.

Luck doesn't influence it, but you can find more treasure on rainy days.

Use the training rod, and once you get the hang of it and get to level 4 or 5, go and buy a better rod from Willy.

You can use bait on the better rods, which will increase the bite rate.
Surely the fortune teller and the luck talked about mean something! Good, more treasure on rainy days, because that is when I go to the mines. Will keep working on the fish.

Definitely use bait; I’m embarrassed by how long it took me to realize that you catch a lot more fish with bait. This is a strange suggestion but try playing Geometry dash or games with similar mechanics. It’s the same basic mechanics as fishing but it lets you change things up if you need a break from SDV.
I think it is a a nice mini-game with fish. I need patience to hold out until the better fishing stats come around. :grumpy:

Anhaga

Rancher
I think it is a a nice mini-game with fish. I need patience to hold out until the better fishing stats come around. :grumpy:
Fish in places with easier fish--the mountain lake is a great place to level up fishing, because carp are super easy to catch, and the other fish there in the spring aren't too hard. It's not unreasonable to catch a largemouth bass on level 1 fishing.

Sophie

Tiller
Also crab pots and fish ponds - once you can get them. Gathering from either of these does count toward your fishing skill - not as fast as actual fishing though...

imnvs

Local Legend
Also crab pots and fish ponds - once you can get them. Gathering from either of these does count toward your fishing skill - not as fast as actual fishing though...
That all depends on just how many crab pots you are harvesting daily now, doesn't it? 😉

The real benefit is that they're very low-maintenance and low-demand on time. It's reliable XP even on days when you don't want to spend halfof it or more on fishing.

Last edited:

Sophie

Tiller
That all depends on just how many crab pots you are harvesting daily now, doesn't it? 😉
True lol - I once joined a friend's farm in which he had literally covered the main pond and the beach front with crab pots. I just gathered these every day and leveled my fishing really quick!