give me yo fave anime

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i know there's some nerds in this forum, let's hear it

one of my favorite anime series is madoka magica, i haven't watched the spinoff but the original 12 eps are close to my heart. i watched the first 2 movies for the first time recently and enjoyed the changes-- the 3rd movie i've seen several times now and it blows me away every time i watch it, i really love the series as a whole

i like all types of anime but i probably lean towards shojo when i'm not watching the more serious/horror type stuff. ore monogatari (my love story) is one of my favorites hands down. i have a big crush on takeo but who wouldn't.

nausicaa of the valley of the wind is my favorite miyazaki movie and one of my favorite movies to date, the message is so powerful and it is so, so, so incredibly underrated, please watch it.
the properly-rated movie i love is akira, it's a classic for a reason. i recently bought the manga to read!

other anime series and movies i love and are very close to my heart:
paprika, cells at work, dragon ball z, inuyasha, ranma 1/2, summer wars, ouran high school host club, kimi ni todoke

some recent favorites of mine are the disastrous life of saiki k (it's hilarious) and kakegurui (this anime is CRAZY y'all)

anyway that's enough of me! i want to hear what you guys like

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Awww, Madoka Magica is also very close to my heart!

I also really like Princess Tutu, Nichijou, and Azumanga Daioh. I pretty much like Magical Girl, and Slice of Life shows, lol
i'll have to check those out!

my brother buys anime sometimes and i think nichijou was among them, i'll have to ask him if i can watch it

Stewyntig

Farmhand
Madoka magical and I can't write it properly due to spell check😅, dragonballz and oran host club were my favourites when I started. Now I tend to watch whatever is new.
Any Studio Ghibi movie I tend to like though grave of the fireflies is absolutely heartbreaking. I wanted to take them home all the time.
I loved karisama kiss, Fairytail, naruto, boruto, black clover, the misfit of demon King academy, SAO, goblin slayer.
I have written fanfiction on wattpad for Hunter x hunter, fruits basket, Chihayafuru and kakuriyo bed and breakfast for spirits.
I am enjoying jujitsu kaiser, noblesse and tonikawa: over the moon for you. The last is hilariously sweet.

My favorite anime is more action oriented, or something totally ridiculous. My favorites so far are Attack on Titan and One Punch Man.

Beside those, I also ever watched Cells at Work, Seraph of the End, Beelzebub, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Gate: Thus the Japanese Self-Defense Force Fought There, Sword Art Online, Assassination Classroom, and many more (I forgot because the title is mostly in Japanese).

Odin

Staff member
I haven't seen many anime shows, but I've seen plenty of movies!

nausicaa of the valley of the wind is my favorite miyazaki movie and one of my favorite movies to date, the message is so powerful and it is so, so, so incredibly underrated, please watch it.
the properly-rated movie i love is akira, it's a classic for a reason. i recently bought the manga to read!
I actually just re-watched Nausicaa earlier this week! It is a good one, although all of Miyazaki's movies are. My favorite of his is definitely Spirited Away, but it also really like Kiki's Delivery Service and Whisper of the Heart (which isn't directed by him, but it's written by him). I've seen all of Miyazaki's movies, but there are a lot of other Ghibli movies I want to see.

You mentioned Paprika, I really like all of Satoshi Kon's movies! Beyond that, I like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Mirai, both by the same director as Summer Wars. And lastly Redline is really good.

Quillmagic

Farmer
My friend recommended Hunter x Hunter to me. Haven’t quite watched it yet, but I’m still putting it in this thread! And she also recommended ouran high school host club!
I’ve been meaning to watch more anime :proud:
and everyone’s talking about Madoka Magica here, so looks like I have a new binge goal!
I remember being a little kid and Magical Girl animes were my favorite.

Last edited:

estewanini

Sodbuster
Oh gods I really should make myself finish Madoka Magica, I dropped it just before the series' climax because I couldn't take the rising tension :slime:

I'm honestly way behind most of the modern anime series now, just finished Brave New World and Jojo pt4, I'm enjoying (or crying myself) with Your Lie in April at the moment. I like a good mix of shoujo and shounen, but the ones I go back to are Vision of Escaflowne, Princess Tutu, and Cardcaptor Sakura. Yu Yu Hakusho, Great teacher Onizuka and Full Metal Alchemist have a special place in my heart.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
My friend recommended Hunter x Hunter to me. Haven’t quite watched it yet, but I’m still putting it in this thread! And she also recommended ouran high school host club!
I’ve been meaning to watch more anime :proud:
and everyone’s talking about Madoka Magica here, so looks like I have a new binge goal!
I remember being a little kid and Magical Girl animes were my favorite.
since you watched magical girl animes, you might appreciate how madoka magica changes the genre, but just in case you didn't know, it is a pretty serious story but it's very good

__Fishy__

Planter
If we are talking about mainstream anime then I would have to go with Angel Beats or Clannad: After Story since those were some that hit me the hardest. Naruto also has a huge place in my heart since I grew up watching Naruto. Konosuba is also an absolute BANGER and I recommend it to everyone. I laughed so hard watching Konosuba and will occasionally watch clips on YouTube and die laughing all over again

If we are talking more lesser known shows then it would have to be 91 Days of ReLife. I absolutely love mafia/gang anime and so when I saw 91 Days I knew I had to watch it. As for ReLife, I thought it had an amazing concept and loved the interactions between the characters. The ReLife manga is my absolute favorite manga and as a bonus is in full color!

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
Some oldies-but-goodies: Dai-Guard is one of my favorite giant-robot anime; it's a hilarious--but also solidly-written--take on what it would REALLY be like to drive a mech. Great Teacher Onizuka is a fun delinquent-out-of-water series; Hare + Guu is bizarro fun. Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon; Yamada's First Time; Shimoneta. Porco Rosso is criminally underwatched for Miyazaki movies. The original Dragonball is awesome--IMO far better than the later series. Uhhh, and that's most everything off the top of my head.

Ah, Sailor Moon! It's definitely an old one, but it holds up, and I appreciate the understated way it incorporates non-normative characters.

Salamander

Greenhorn
I'm relatively new to anime, so this thread is super good for recommendations! My favorites are "Sailor Moon" (the original), "Oniisama e," and "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" (parts 2 & 4). I'm trying to find more '80s and '90s anime because I really like art style. :)

Akemisora

Planter
I feel that anime studios are struggling to fit manga into 1-2 season anime, manga is usually the original story and it has more impact to heart.

Speaking of anime, I like Happy Sugar Life, Psycho-Pass, Madoka Magica...

imnvs

Local Legend
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is, hands down, my favorite of all time. Akira and Ghost in the Shell are up there in my list, as is Wicked City (which I do not recommend for immature audiences, let me be very clear, as this one is quite explicit).

And since I don't draw much distinction between anime and other animation...

Lucy, Daughter of the Devil - available on the Adult Swim app, is a single season animated show following Lucy, Satan, Becky (the devil's advocate), DJ Jesus and his sidekick Judas. It is simply amazingly fun and funny. Satan is voiced by H Jon Benjamin, the same guy that voiced Archer. Easter Egg in Archer: the episode in which they are supposed to save the pope Archer walks in dressed like a priest and Lana questions the preparation he did to which Archer replies that he watched Lucy Daughter of the Devil a bunch of times and says it's an underrated show. I happen to agree.