Give me motivation

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I am finding it hard to find motivation to play this game lately. Not sure why. Without spoiling too much. Give me things to look forward to that will give me motivation to get back on and keep truckin. Thanks SDV Family!!

purrfeccat

Sodbuster
1. The community center (you can opt for the joja route, but imo, restoring the community center is way more rewarding)
2. Searching for prismatic shard (higher chances as you go deeper at skull cavern)
3. Get married and settle down with any of marriageable candidates :laugh:

QUOTE="Xcandixkitx, post: 9260, member: 1740"]
I am finding it hard to find motivation to play this game lately. Not sure why. Without spoiling too much. Give me things to look forward to that will give me motivation to get back on and keep truckin. Thanks SDV Family!!
[/QUOTE]

Lew Zealand

Helper
TBH, once I hit that third year around late spring, I already have tons of iridium from granddad (thanks!) a moneygrubbing farm, spouse, kids, CC done, all places unlocked. But what's left is Floor 100 in Skull Cavern (soon!) and usually by then I'm transitioning to the lite farm of:

1 Barn w/11pigs, 1 cow
1 Coop w/10 dinos, 1 chicken, 1 bunny
Greenhouse with mostly Ancient Fruit and some Starfruit
1 large Shed with mostly Preserves Jars (Ancient Fruit) and Kegs (Starfruit/Ancient Fruit Wine)
outdoor farm with the most profitable seasonal item which can be watered with what sprinklers I have

...which takes some time to optimize. It also maximizes profit for effort and still leaves me with regular cloth to make new clothes from which is a nice 1.4 addition. I loved the concept of my dino egg cap but it really does look stupid, *except* from the back.

I think the game beyond that is a designer's game, making farm layouts which you like. Problem is, I have little imagination when it comes to design so I have a lot of trouble coming up with something. I also play Minecraft and my houses there could do with more variation for the same reason. *things* *must* *be* *SQUARE!*

My brainy no worky that way.

Zaphira

Sodbuster
@ Xcandixkitx

It would be easier to help, if you told us at what state in the game you're at.
Like: Year 2: farm is a mess and I'm broke or
Year 8: have everything, will buy the Joja-Company next week.

I just started my third game on mining-map because the other two games (year 7 + 8) are getting 'boring' because everything is automated and there are only so many things you can do besides 'grinding' the last fish, artifacts or the forgotten bundle.