gif avatars?

SgtPickles

Tiller
I feel like animated images could make a thread look clustered, real quick. Perhaps an auto-play on hover would be a happy medium?

(Also should be applicable for animated images in post messages.)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
so i looked into it and it depends on our image provider. this isn't something i can look into, but i will definitely add it to the suggestions!

kohlrak

Farmhand
so i looked into it and it depends on our image provider. this isn't something i can look into, but i will definitely add it to the suggestions!
You'd be surprised.... See, when i actually click his avatar... it's animated.... But listed as a jpeg.... This is where it's coming from and going into...

On one hand, i'd say whatever software you're using was trying to save space, but in reality, it is processing images. You could technically save space by not processing the images at all and using CSS to resize the images, actually, and at the same time it would give animated avatars. However, this puts more stress on the people viewing the forums. It's making more than 1 processed copy per image, too, so it could very quickly start eating up space.