Favorite video game soundtracks?

SurfingMimikyu

Sodbuster
Man, I haven't played a lot of games, but I remember I loved the soundtracks from Skyrim and A Short Hike. Night in the Woods' "Astral" tracks (the ones from when she's dreaming) are also really fun.
Skyrim is a great soundtrack to listen to when doing something menial like cleaning or studying, really helps to keep calm and focused. Not sure about the other ones but I'll have to give them a listen!

lowlins

Tiller
I don't listen to much video game music but my husband does! Whenever he asks me to pick I usually say Yoshi's island since it is one of the first video games I ever played. We also listen to SDV soundtrack a lot! And of course animal crossing.

Sorry it isn't 5 :p

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
oh god, silent hill 2, hands down. akira yamaoka was the composer of my childhood, i love all of his stuff but the sh2 ost was among my favorite. very gorgeous and creepy music, set the precedent to what i love today. "the reverse will" is my favorite track

pretty much every sonic game has an amazing soundtrack, sonic adventure 2 being my favorite. after playing sonic forces, that ost is way up there too and honestly has no right being as good as it is.

another ost close to my heart is metroid prime. phendrana drifts has to have one of my favorite songs ever

some more modern osts include nier automata and alice: madness returns. bpth games are very close to me and they both have amazing soundtracks for different reasons

i have tons and tons and tons of favorites since i love video game osts so much, but these were the first ones that came to mind

cozy

Farmhand
i don't listen to too many video game soundtracks, but the soundtracks from both Portal games are top-notch (i have and will continue to listen to portal 2's soundtrack on loop for hours. i love it) and there's a lot of beauty and character in undertale's soundtrack.

DotMatrixHero

Farmhand
The games 'Everybodys Gone to the Rapture' is incredible (I loved the game as well)

Also I recently discovered the game 'Everything' which features a brilliant soundtrack too (the game features a lot of voice clips from Alan Watts which are sadly missing from the soundtrack album but still good to listen to)

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 have fantastic soundtracks.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are both great, I listen to them when I play other games fairly often.

My favorite soundtrack probably has to go to the Mass Effect trilogy though. On their own, the games would be good but the soundtrack makes them phenomenal.