Family development

Jeck

Greenhorn
Here's one more suggestion from me-family development. I married Abigail and so far it's been okay. I have a child now, but I read that they can only grow to become a toddler. This is nice, but I think it would be awesome if they could grow past that. I was thinking they could grow into adults themselves and maybe leave Stardew Valley, or they can keep living with me as Maru lives with her parents. During this time, they could go through problems that most kids growing up has like a need for friends, problems with their education, or just being a little naughty, and I or Abigail can be shown discussing these problems with them. If there are two kids, I think they should be shown playing with each other from time to time. What do you think?

Boo1972

Farmer
I agree, although no one else in Stardew seems to age so it might be a little weird. I definitely would like to see kids at least school aged. I have young-adults and teenagers at home so I DO NOT need any in my SDV game, but I can always choose not to have children.

Almond

Greenhorn
I've been thinking about this for a while too, I love the idea of your family growing up a little, I definitely think them getting to Jas' age and maybe going to school with them would be very fun, and depending on the gifts you give them when they're a toddler, they turn into a different 'type' of kid who you can talk to, in a similar way to Jas/Vincent!

I agree that having them grow up and move out would be AMAZING and fun (I always thought them having a personality based on the items you give them would determine their 'job' when they move away, then once a season or once a year they send you a gift related to that) but I also agree it would be weird to see them aging while nobody else is..

I really hope they develop the kids a little more!

smor145

Sodbuster
OMG Yes!!! I am married to Sebby, and I seriously want an emo teenager just like their father. I totally agree with the gift idea. Very clever. Maybe they could go to Penny's little schooling thing with Jas and Vincent just to allow them to get involved with the community.