Everyone Seems to Know

You guys all know how to find specific villagers to give them gifts, both for completing quests and for making friends. I have no idea. And if you find one, how do you give him or her the gift? I have been though various forums I and there is nothing on this. Every one just seems to know. :hmm:

Ereo

Helper
You can use the wiki to check each villagers schedule if you need to find them. After a while, you figure out where each of them is most likely to be. If I want to find Elliot, I'll check the beach and his cabin, if he's not there, he might be near Leahs cottage. For Penny, I'd check the museum and her trailer, or the center of town.

As for giving the gift, just hold it in your hand (select in inventory) while talking to the villager.

You can use the wiki to check each villagers schedule if you need to find them. After a while, you figure out where each of them is most likely to be. If I want to find Elliot, I'll check the beach and his cabin, if he's not there, he might be near Leahs cottage. For Penny, I'd check the museum and her trailer, or the center of town.

As for giving the gift, just hold it in your hand (select in inventory) while talking to the villager.
Thanks for information. I tried wiki. There is no information about villagers' schedule there either: not that I could find anyway.

Boo1972

Farmer
Thanks for information. I tried wiki. There is no information about villagers' schedule there either: not that I could find anyway.
If you visit villagers section, click on marriage candidates or non-marriageable villagers. Click on the picture of the characters and scroll down. There is a section called schedule. It’s usually accurate-usually. You can find a lot of villagers at the saloon Friday night. I believe Harvey visits the saloon on Tuesday. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Haley, Jodi, Evelyn, George and Alex are usually home in the evenings. I find it easier to collect a stack of gifts and visit 1 or 2 evenings a week and just gift as many people as possible. My first farm is almost 9 years old and I still don’t know where everyone is all the time.

If you visit villagers section, click on marriage candidates or non-marriageable villagers. Click on the picture of the characters and scroll down. There is a section called schedule. It’s usually accurate-usually. You can find a lot of villagers at the saloon Friday night. I believe Harvey visits the saloon on Tuesday. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Haley, Jodi, Evelyn, George and Alex are usually home in the evenings. I find it easier to collect a stack of gifts and visit 1 or 2 evenings a week and just gift as many people as possible. My first farm is almost 9 years old and I still don’t know where everyone is all the time.
Thanks. Good information here. Who would have thought to click on a portrait? I will figure this game and all of its wonders out yet. :smile:

Lew Zealand

Helper
FYI Emily works the bar at the Saloon so you can always find her there from 4 pm 'til around midnight with a smile, bring a Daffodil or gem. Alex rarely strays from his front yard in the mornings and of course will always be down for a Complete Breakfast. Abigail and Leah are the pains in the butt, they can be found all around the map depending on the day but at least Leah is at the Saloon every other day by about 8pm. Never enter the Saloon without Driftwood. Abby went to bed on me at 7:30pm (!) the other day, she's gonna wake up with a rumbly tumbly because I had Quartz with me...

Sam hangs out at the bottom of the village (fish up a Joja Cola for him in the river), occasionally with Seb, otherwise Seb's in his room or having a smoke at the lake before 10pm, just exit the Mine in the evening with a Frozen Tear and you're good. Maru works at the clinic Tues and Thurs, easy find with a Strawberry in hand. You can almost always catch Penny by starting out at her house at 6:30PM and walking to Cindersap Forest, though she's frequently at the Library around noon. That's a lot of walking carrying around a Melon though. Oof!

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
The Lazy Guide to Making Friends(tm) (Lew isn't the only person around here who can be lazy.)

Wait. Save every daffodil you find. Get coffee beans at the first opportunity, and save them. Get the Greenhouse. Plant coffee beans in the greenhouse (get like 10 plants at least). Make coffee and store up coffee. Once you have 100 coffee, that's when you start making friends for real. You start handing out coffee to everyone you see every time you see them, except Vincent and Jas. (Don't forget to keep making coffee.) For the kids you carry around every daffodil you have in the stack with the highest quality you've found to date (when you run out of gold, switch to silver, then to regular). If you find yourself lagging behind on some folk, start checking their schedules on the Wiki and make a point of finding them more. If you run out of daffodils, hopefully you have coconuts, start with the highest quality stack you got there for the kids. Alternatively, go for rabbits and save every rabbit's foot you find, use that for folks that are harder to find or are lagging behind (or that you have no other gifts for), just don't give any to Penny.

Now everybody loves you and you didn't have to ever do anything like... learn what anybody likes (except that Penny hates rabbits' feet).

Also, don’t let the expensiveness and shininess of the Prismatic Shard fool you! Haley doesn’t like anything prettier than her... so make sure not to waste a Prismatic Shard on her!

Lew Zealand

Helper
imnvs has found my weakness. The relationship part of this game is the Kryptonite to my Lazy Ways. I just can't not gift during that first year and my Sundays and Mondays are almost consumed with giving as many people as possible their 2 weekly gifts. However imnvs may have given me some ideas and saved me some effort which makes me forever grateful. Or at least for a long time, until I get tired.

I don't find enough Daffodils to give to everyone that first Spring so I'm metering them out to Haley and Emily, with Haley later getting Sunflowers and Emily gems or Quartz (as long as I have enough to keep Abigail fed).

Butbutbut...

Seeing as a lot of people apparently like Daffodils (I don't peruse the Universal Likes list enough), how about expanding Spring Forage on the Farm in Spring Year 1 to get a big crop? You need Foraging 1 to get the Wild Seeds (Sp) recipe so you'll only get 3 full Forage crops in that first Spring. Let's confine this to Single Villagers:

Daffodil, Like +45:

Emily
Haley
Leah
Harvey

Leek, Like +45: (Luke Luck Likes Lakes, Luke Luck Licks Lakes, Luke's Duck Likes Lakes, Luke's Duck Licks Lakes...)

Leah
Penny
Harvey

Dandelion, Like +45:

Leah
Penny
Harvey

Horseradish, Like +45:

Leah
Harvey

The rest of the Bachelorettes and Alex are Neutral +20 for the Daffodil so it's decent gift, but the rest of the Bachelors Dislike -20 it, so avoid that penalty. I can now see how easy it is to get Harvey to 8 or 10 hearts first, hmmm...

I just don't know how many Daffodils and other forage can be found and expanded in those first 2 crucial weeks but let's make some guesses. If we forage every day while doing other things we may find 3 of each forageable item by the time we have Farming 1 in Week 1. That makes 30 seeds and 7-8 of each item after planting and a week of growth. 70 Seeds and therefore 17 of each item in Week 3. 170 and therefore 42 of each in Week 4 Spring. 170 sounds like a lot of watering, heck even 70 sounds like a lot but let's assume that another less Lazy farmer is doing this:

Harvey: 7650 possible points (30 :heart:) not including Birthday and Winter Star
Leah: 7650 possible points (30 :heart:) not including Birthday and Winter Star
Penny: 3825 possible points (15 :heart:) not including Birthday and Winter Star
Emily: 1890 possible points (7.5 :heart:) not including Birthday and Winter Star
Haley: 1890 possible points (7.5 :heart:) not including Birthday and Winter Star

But Emily and Haley have to share a single item so their points and :heart: from this source are actually half but this is still more efficient than the group below.

That's only a little over 3 :heart: for the other Bachelorettes and Alex so I'd probably look to other gifting options for them.

But this is basically easy to 8 :heart: and Bouquet (including Birthdays) for 4-5 villagers just using a few days of Spring Forage and perhaps more Farming than I'm contractually allowed to do.

OK, nap time... 😴:cat::leaf::mushroom:

Edit: one minor correction to Wild Seeds (Sp), and I'm testing this idea. Currently in Spring 7 with 3 Foraging crops in the ground so actually a decent guess!

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah cool, reading comprehension and all that. Actually more of a short-term memory issue for me... I'm min/maxing Coffee in our MP farm save so I'll try that out. Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can get 2500g by the first Friday in another save but the Keg requires Farming 8 or the Artisan bundle so I see that will be for later in the game (like you said) unless you get the Fruit Bat Cave, which I did on the MP save.

Making Coffee is a little annoying but it would be interesting to see if it can be interwoven into using Spring Forage as I found most of it on Day 1. A single second Forage run on Spring 6 might represent a minimum of effort for a maximum of :heart:. I will think. And probably fall asleep.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I have definitely taken the long route and used the wiki to find out what the villagers loved and "worked" on 3-4 at a time. The result is that in the 26th day of summer in year six, I am three villiagers and a total of 9 hears away from being BFFs with everyone. It would have gone a lot faster if I had figured out the coffee thing. :laugh:

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, Spring of Year 4 and I already had a wife (I'm sugar momma to the best artist in town in this save, Leah) at 14, all the other bachelor(ette)s at 8, and literally everyone else at 10. The last ones were Krobus, the Dwarf and Sandy, just because of their isolated nature. I had to actually plan to see them.

Basically got my greenhouse in Fall of year 1. By the end of year 2 I had... just Too Much Coffee(tm), and that's when I started handing it out. I also saved most everything up to that point and had just so many daffodils too. It just seemed so natural.

Sigrah

Farmer
I have definitely taken the long route and used the wiki to find out what the villagers loved and "worked" on 3-4 at a time. The result is that in the 26th day of summer in year six, I am three villiagers and a total of 9 hears away from being BFFs with everyone. It would have gone a lot faster if I had figured out the coffee thing. :laugh:
I’m totally insane. In mid summer of year one when I typically get my horse, I dedicate 2 days a week just handing out the best and highest quality gifts I can to everyone I have access to, typically Tuesdays and Thursdays. Flowers, fruits, vegetables, and even eggs will cover just about everyone, though I make it a point to hand out the cheapest gems I’ve accumulated from the mines to Emily, Clint, and Dwarf (If I’ve unlocked him). I also make a habit of talking to any villagers I come across since talking to them gives you 25 points a day whenever you talk to them. It all starts adding up real quickly doing things that way.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm currently trying to Min/Max the Coffee strategy but it's now Spring 12, the third Traveling Cart day, and still no Coffee Bean. I'm quite disillusioned as I was put on probation by the Casual Society of Confounded Laziness® when I made a spreadsheet to explore the option. Luckily they're on holiday until 2023 so they don't know I've actually hatched the scheme.

The odds are only 1 in 4 that the Coffee Bean shows up, so I'll really get grumpy on the 14th when my nonexistent Bean is replaced by a $1400 Duck Mayo or Muzamaroo Picture. You don't even need to grind for Gold much as I easily had 2500g for the Bean by Spring 5, just spend your 500g on Parsnips and plant all 40 on Spring 1, get the Fishing Rod on Spring 2, and fish for a few days. Have those Fish in the bin the night of Spring 4 and sell the 'snips on Spring 5 to Pierre and you're good. If you find yourself running out of energy while Fishing, make a trip to Cindersap after planting on Spring 1 for Spring Onions.

You may argue that you should plant Cauliflower or Potatoes as you get more gold from them, but you'll need to wait longer to get the Bean. And to make Coffee work, you need Kegs and those come with Farming 8. When you have little money, thus a small crop, you get more Farming XP with Parsnips. Replace those later with Potatoes and maybe some Caulis when you're getting too close to triple digits of crops planted. That's dangerous and I just won't stand to see any of you kind people out there with Carpal Tunnel syndrome or worse: muscle tone.

I'll bet some people are starting to consider this is a viable option. Sigh.

Be Warned! There's more work. 👻😲☠

You need Copper and Iron Bars to make those Kegs and because you're ignoring Clint, you instead need to achieve Mining 4 or get to Level 40+ in the Mines. However there's not a huge need to speed through that as the earliest you can make Coffee is Summer 1, assuming you expand your Coffee plants to about 100 and get the Coffee Bean on the optimal Spring 5.

Now, if you haven't been paying attention to my warnings and actually do this, realistically you could get the Coffee Bean by Spring 12. So you can start accumulating Coffee Beans on Summer 8 (with 100 Coffee plants in the ground), and you'll have a Coffee crop enough for 611 cups of coffee, meaning 110 total hearts to distribute to the objects of your affection.

Which in my case will be the bed.

*edited for a bit of clarity but unfortunately not brevity

Last edited:

Sigrah

Farmer
I'm currently trying to Min/Max the Coffee strategy but it's now Spring 12, the third Traveling Cart day, and still no Coffee Bean. I'm quite disillusioned as I was put on probation by the Casual Society of Confounded Laziness® when I made a spreadsheet to explore the option. Luckily they're on holiday until 2023 so they don't know I've actually hatched the scheme.
I wouldn't worry, they're probably too lazy to write it down or bother remembering it. By 2023, they'll be too focused on taking another long vacation starting the day after returning to work.

Last edited: