Disasters :)

Thrawn

Sodbuster
We do already have meteorites that can crash into the farm, crows can eat your crops and lightning can roast your crops, too, so I agree, there's a lot more potential for natural disasters to occur!

Could also make it a toggle option so those who are sensitive to such disasters don't have to have them in game!

__Fishy__

Planter
I feel like that would cool in a "hard mode". I feel like the base game is meant to be super chill and not a lot to go wrong however a hard mode would definitely have more challenges to it such as locusts or fires! I think its an awesome idea and could totally work!

Shezeu

Farmhand
I feel like that would cool in a "hard mode". I feel like the base game is meant to be super chill and not a lot to go wrong however a hard mode would definitely have more challenges to it such as locusts or fires! I think its an awesome idea and could totally work!
I think a hard mode or realism option (if a realism option is added please consider hunger meter?) would be the best bet for things like this, I'd be cool with trying an option like that out but not for it to be part of the base game without an option to toggle disasters off and on.

To add to the disasters suggestion though, maybe a chance for drought in year 2 of summer where some of your plants will have a chance of needing to be watered twice? I say year 2 because I think it might be a little too difficult of a thing to need to worry about in year 1, imo.
Or the Witch goes on a rampage and messes some things up somehow? She could become an NPC who actually shows up in her hut on certain days at certain times and you have to steadily befriend her and her rampages become fewer and fewer. This could eventually open up to learning more about her and maybe even turn her back to how she was before she was green? Can anyone say new missions to make a potion or something to help or and also potentially gain a new bachelorette option? Also new shopkeeper who sells new things?

To further add to it maybe these disasters have "far reaching effects" rather than the immediate effects of losing crops like getting quests of "I need [x] number of [x] produce!" from Gus who wasn't able to get enough food restocked. Or even Pierre asking for you to give him some in-season seeds because he doesn't have enough?

Also depending on what kind of disaster and how you the player react could lead to your barn/coop animals dying; for example a tornado rips though the valley and you didn't put your farm animals in their barns or coops, there could be a % chance of them dying or being whisked away

I had an idea for a "mega storm" event. Tons of rain, lots of lightning, and strong winds. Crops could be uprooted and blown away, objects like fence posts, lamp posts, bee houses could be destroyed by the winds or even lightning, strong winds could make it hard to move, shops would be closed due to it.

Ellajoy

Rancher
We do already have meteorites that can crash into the farm, crows can eat your crops and lightning can roast your crops, too, so I agree, there's a lot more potential for natural disasters to occur!

Could also make it a toggle option so those who are sensitive to such disasters don't have to have them in game!
maybe when you get to 6 hearts with Demetrius you can ask him to prevent disasters.And 4 hearts he will send you a letter a week before to warn you.

Last edited:

Kurachi84

Planter
I bought this game, and still play it, for its relaxation (with AT LEAST timespeed mod, otherwise i get stressed out again), and use mods against crows and lightning(to break anything on my farm, as it still does hit lightning rods), as i'm just having my time, like i had with Animal Crossing, so i wouldn't like this to be forced(as in, not mods, but everyone gets it), unless it's some kind of Hard mode, indeed!

A hard mode would've been already funny to see, but since players made many difficulty raising mods, i'm not sure if it'll be in the original game itself.
I'm sure most people play the game for its relaxation, so i doubt there's a high request rate for it.... but could be fun to watch others play with such things.

So even though i wouldn't like it as standard addition, i wouldn't mind seeing it as optional mode. :)