Dark Shrine of Night Terrors

I've gotten strange buns as monster loot and gifts in the mail several times, plus you can make them yourself once you get the recipe.
You can offer them at the shrine to turn monsters on and off all you want. In 1.5 you can turn them on or off at the start menu as well.
When I had the wilderness farm, the biggest drawback was monsters attacking while I'm trying to fish or use my shipping bin. Time stops but the attack doesn't!
My favorite though was the mixed seeds dropped by the golems. Sometimes I did my whole planting in mixed seeds. They aren't a huge money maker but not having to rush to buy them, or put any money out for them, kept a good steady income.

hexnessie

Farmer
I'm seriously going to do this for fun now. I just wish I had the talent to make a "Farm being bombed by Joja Corp Thugs" video out of it. 😂 🙃
I did. Not on purpose. Very accidentally not on purpose. I fell in love with the napalm ring my last playthrough (never used it before), and completely forgot to take it off when I got home after a hard day of fighting. And killed a bat. And KABOOM. Say goodbye to your field of starfruit, purple sprinkler and a scarecrow.

nicodeux

Farmer
I did. Not on purpose. Very accidentally not on purpose. I fell in love with the napalm ring my last playthrough (never used it before), and completely forgot to take it off when I got home after a hard day of fighting. And killed a bat. And KABOOM. Say goodbye to your field of starfruit, purple sprinkler and a scarecrow.
Thank you very much for the warning. I have napalm ring forged with iridium band equiped all the time and I would really hate to have elements of my farm destroyed because I fancied to activate the Dark Shrine of Night Terrors. I shall be careful if that idea comes to mind.

Elenna101

Farmer
...Now that you mention it, I don't know why I was thinking about using a napalm ring in my current playthrough that has monsters on the farm. That was a stupid idea. I'm going to, uh, not do that.
It's not like this is the first time I've heard people talk about accidentally blowing up their farm with the napalm ring, either, it just completely didn't occur to me.

Sigrah

Farmer
But... you're going to be the thug blowing up your farm? 🤨🧐
Not my fault Joja Corp decided to turn monsters into improvised bombs that blow up on being killed instead of actually spending money for real bombs. But then, Morris isn't known for being particularly bright or resourceful.

Godkin

Planter
But a word of warning: The ancient wizard's protective seal is about to be lifted, opening dark gates that will allow monsters to roam your farm at night. Like invisible shadows, they will appear in the darkness and test your resilience.

Note: This shrine is like an invisible switch, allowing you to turn the presence of monsters on or off. However, this power will require a mysterious Strange Bun as a sacrifice. By giving the bun again, the "magi-seal" would recover and extinguish the existence of the creatures.