WIP Cropbeasts: open beta, testers wanted

kdau

Tiller
Why just harvest your crops when you could do battle with them? Cropbeasts are crops cursed by the witch that turn into monsters on your farm. After you defeat them, you get the original harvest and maybe something extra. All base game fruit and vegetable crops (except fruit trees) have corresponding beasts, and custom crops can be set up as well.

coffeebeast-combat.png
cactusbeast-sandblast.png
icon-large.png

Left: A farmer faces down an adorable band of Coffeebeasts.
Middle: A Cactusbeast targets a farmer with its sandblast attack.
Right: The mod's icon shows a Starbeast, Coffeebeast and Rootbeast.

This mod is currently in an open beta phase. Everything is complete, but it may not play smoothly in all cases and there may be bugs lurking. I'm looking for testers with varied farm setups at varied combat levels, including multiplayer teams, to make sure it's tested thoroughly.

You can check the details and download the beta here. Feedback is welcome on this thread or on the Discord server linked from that page. I look forward to hearing from you!

The beta has concluded and the mod has been released. You can find it here.

Last edited:

kdau

Tiller
I'm pleased to announce beta version 0.3.0, now with multiplayer support! :sword::sword: This will be the last beta before release, so act now to provide your prerelease feedback. The download link above still applies.

Edit: Make that version 0.3.1, fixing a bug introduced in 0.3.0.

Last edited: