Cooking level up sistem idea

Saytguard

Greenhorn
I have an idea for the game.
Why dont you guys create a level up sistem like for farming, mining, combat/fighting, fishing and that kind of stuff. For cooking would be the same amounts of levels like the others have and for it would be add quality sistem. The higher level you are, the better quality is going to be the food that you have cooked.
On level five you can chose if you want to sell the food for 25% more gold or the food is a 25% chance to be a better quality. After you get to level ten you get the same two options but for both are 35% extra and there is an option if you cook with high quality ingredients. The cooked food has a 25% chance to be an even higher quality or the food would give you more nutrients like it gives you 15% more health and stamina.

That is my idea and i hope you are going to like it.

I have an idea for the game.
Why dont you guys create a level up sistem like for farming, mining, combat/fighting, fishing and that kind of stuff. For cooking would be the same amounts of levels like the others have and for it would be add quality sistem. The higher level you are, the better quality is going to be the food that you have cooked.
On level five you can chose if you want to sell the food for 25% more gold or the food is a 25% chance to be a better quality. After you get to level ten you get the same two options but for both are 35% extra and there is an option if you cook with high quality ingredients. The cooked food has a 25% chance to be an even higher quality or the food would give you more nutrients like it gives you 15% more health and stamina.

That is my idea and i hope you are going to like it.
I love this Idea! I always need in-game to cook because H don't know how to cook:happy:

Saytguard

Greenhorn
I love this Idea! I always need in-game to cook because H don't know how to cook:happy:
Thanks and actuly this would realy help the people who need muney couse the farming skill and this skill could combine couse you get higher quality when level uping the skill tree for farming and then you get higher quality for cooked food so the last level 10 when you can chose 25% chance to improv the quality of cooked food, the food would be better and it would sell for way more then just like raw vegetables and fruit so you would get the muney faster that way.

goboking

Rancher
I've talked about a hypothetical cooking skill in a few different topics here. I'll share my ideas here, in case anyone is interested.

Cooking Skill and Minigame
It would be cool if Cooking was an actual skill and I'd enjoy it a great deal more if there was a minigame involved. The miningame could determined the quality of the dish (basic, silver star, gold star, iridiuim star).
  • Level 5: Buffs from cooked meals last twice as long.
    • Level 10: Gain energy over time in addition to the normal benefits when eating cooked meals
    • Level 10: Kegs process goods twice as fast.
  • Level 5: The quality of cooked meals is increased by 1.
    • Level 10: Friendship gained from gifted meals is increased by 50%.
    • Level 10: Cooked meals are worth 50% more.

Konitama

Planter
I think ConcernedApe was against having food dishes sell for more than what the ingredients are worth because he didn't want people feeling forced to cook every raw ingredient to maximize profits... something about not wanting to force users to click a bunch of buttons over and over.

You can already increase profits from most stuff by using kegs or other machines, but since those don't require navigating recipes I guess they don't fall under the same category.

Like for example an egg's base sell price is 50g but a fried egg sells for 35g, so you actually take a loss from trying to cook it first. But an egg turned into mayonnaise can sell for 190g.

Ereo

Helper
Maybe a higher skill could also give access to more (complicated) recipes?

Or give you the ability to discover your own recipes?

Konitama

Planter
Yeah it could be cool if by leveling up you gain more recipes, and I think it would be okay if you could improve the quality of food for the buffs they give only, and not having them sell for more.