iOS Controller support doesn’t allow for chest/inventory management

KonaCoffeeDrgn

Greenhorn
Presidence: On PC, and Consoles you are able to quick drop a stack of item into a chest, sort your inventory, and trash items just fine with a controller.
Problem: On IOS you can only shift items with a controller which doesnt allow items to stack. It’s very difficult to sort items and requires you to use a finger not when your hands are both on the controller or the tablet is not close by.
Solution: Please ensure the player can quickly exchange stacks of items, hit R1 or R2 like keys for quick sort.
Additionally other controls I have seen missing: Start to pause game: [Circle] works but is unintuitive. You are unable to load game from title screen from controller only input.
Why should you care: Accessibility for hand motor impaired impaired individuals, People who wish to stream the game to there AppleTV, consistent design language of UI interaction between OS types.

Many thanks,
Kona

Last edited:

Chililover

Planter
I had a controller and I was able to load my saves from menu and pretty much do everything. When I got in chests i would use my fingers cause I couldn't figure out how to get stuff from my inventory to the chest.
It might just be controlled support idk. Mines the evo vr controller. (I'm on Android btw)

KonaCoffeeDrgn

Greenhorn
Hey, thanks for the response @chillilover, I double checked agian today and made a sanity check to ensure i was correct and in [IOS] for Ipad I was not able to press right on the ‘controlstick’ or the ‘joypad’ to make a selection of ‘LOAD’ pressing the confirm command on the controller will only select ‘NEW’ and start the character creation and map selection scene. This seems like the 2 systems have been optimized in weird ways to get different behaviors.