PS4 [Updated 2/25] Stardew Valley has returned to the EU PlayStation store!

Odin

Staff member
Stardew Valley has returned to the PlayStation store in Europe and other regions where it was unavailable!
Latest update, February 23rd:
Some more details on the issue:
Previous updates on the issues from CA:
August 2nd: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1290024053529432064
August 12th: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1293633476596400128
November 13th: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1327311066955612161
December 16th: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1339327386609860616

Last edited:

Enmity

Newcomer
Is the game going to be back on ps store soon, any new updates? It's been nearly 3 months since it's gone. I really wanted to play this with my friend.

liquidcat

Staff member
No new updates sadly. We will update this thread when new information is made available!

imnvs

Local Legend
It's been nearly 3 months since it's gone. I really wanted to play this with my friend.
I understand your frustration, but it's been just barely over 2 months. And honestly, as I understand it, it isn't anything CA can speed up. The ball's in Sony's court now.

Deep breaths, friend. It'll get through the submission process when it gets through. We can only wait for Sony now.

Odin

Staff member
If there was any it would be in the top message of the thread :)

CA last tweeted about it on the 13th, and hopefully it will be back up soon.

StephanH

Greenhorn
Is anyone aware if this also affects South Africa?

I adore this game and would love to own it on ps4 but I am unable to find it on the online PS store, in South Africa (en-za)

Odin

Staff member
I get that it's frustrating, and obviously the situation is not normal. But the game can't go back up in the store until it's approved by Sony. It's my understand that this process has taken a lot longer than it should and has required multiple attempts at approval. Any time a game isn't approved, it means the developers have to fix whatever it was rejected for, and then start the process again. No one wants the game to be unavailable for people.

Hopefully that tweet you shared means it's almost ready to go, but there may be more work that needs to be done. As soon as it's back on the store this thread will be updated.

Naitsabeus

Newcomer
Hi! Will it be back on PS Vita too? Cause right now there is PS4 version available only :(

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Hi! Will it be back on PS Vita too? Cause right now there is PS4 version available only :(
I'm not sure about that, unfortunately given that the Vita version is no longer updated I suspect that may not happen.

Naitsabeus

Newcomer
I'm not sure about that, unfortunately given that the Vita version is no longer updated I suspect that may not happen.
I'm so angry at myself cause I added SDV on my wishlist long ago but I've waited to buy it too long. What bad could have happen, right?
All my life Im "lucky" like that.
Maybe I'll made US account and buy it on US PS Store, it's still available there...

Odin

Staff member
I'm so angry at myself cause I added SDV on my wishlist long ago but I've waited to buy it too long. What bad could have happen, right?
All my life Im "lucky" like that.
Maybe I'll made US account and buy it on US PS Store, it's still available there...
I can't know what devices you use the most to play games on, but you may want to consider getting it on a different platform. The version of the game on Vita is 1.2, while other platforms are on 1.5, the latest version. The Vita version is missing not just multiplayer, but 3 years of content updates. Even mobile, which doesn't have multiplayer, offers more content in the game than the Vita version. Obviously if the Vita is your main device for playing games, it may still be a good option for you, but it's good to keep in mind the differences between the game on different platforms.

Naitsabeus

Newcomer
I can't know what devices you use the most to play games on, but you may want to consider getting it on a different platform. The version of the game on Vita is 1.2, while other platforms are on 1.5, the latest version. The Vita version is missing not just multiplayer, but 3 years of content updates. Even mobile, which doesn't have multiplayer, offers more content in the game than the Vita version. Obviously if the Vita is your main device for playing games, it may still be a good option for you, but it's good to keep in mind the differences between the game on different platforms.
Yes, I'm thinking about playstation 4 version too. I'm playing on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita but I was planning finish SDV on PS Vita. Now I need to decide which platform I prefer to play, EU or US store doesn't matter because price is the same.