Question Can I Mod on My Computer?

Hi! So I own a Chromebook, and I want to play with mods. However, that hasn't been working for me. I have the game downloaded on Google Play, so maybe if I download it on STEAM it will work? So here's my basic question: On a Chromebook, with the STEAM game, can I use mods? I'm asking here first because I don't want to waste $15 on the STEAM game and find out I can't use mods.

Odin

Staff member
I'm not sure that Steam works on Chromebooks. If you're on ChromeOS (I'm assuming you're not running Linux), I don't think Steam supports that. And even if it does, Stardew on Steam is just for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

That said, I know the Android version of the game does allow modding. If the wiki's modding guide isn't covering your device (I would imagine a Chromebook might be slightly different), you can also ask for advice in the #using-mods channel of the community discord. There are a lot of knowledgeable people there!

Hi! So I own a Chromebook, and I want to play with mods. However, that hasn't been working for me. I have the game downloaded on Google Play, so maybe if I download it on STEAM it will work? So here's my basic question: On a Chromebook, with the STEAM game, can I use mods? I'm asking here first because I don't want to waste $15 on the STEAM game and find out I can't use mods.
Follow the instructions for Android users and you should be fine using the .apk from the Google Play store. GoogleOS runs Android apps natively, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Steam won't work, though, because you have the wrong architecture (Chromebook uses ARM instead of x86).