PC [BUG] Save file not up to date

Turboklaus

Greenhorn
When I was playing Stardes Valley yesterday in multiplayer mode, we were at the beginning of summer. When I launched the game today, it was set back to Spring, so we lost a lot of progress. In the Steam community, there are a few other people experiencing the same problem.

Plattform: Steam on macOS Catalina
Game version: v1.4.5

Turboklaus

Greenhorn
I just looked into Steam cloud. The game saves are from March 19, although we have played several times since then.

oliver

Tiller
I just looked into Steam cloud. The game saves are from March 19, although we have played several times since then.
it will most likely be an issue with steam's cloud synchronising services rather than stardew. If it's not in the cloud storage you will most likely not be getting the progress back unfortunately.

Turboklaus

Greenhorn
I almost thought so... 😞 I got in touch with Steam Cloud support, let's see if they respond... There are quite a few other players that experienced the same problem recently.

oliver

Tiller
I almost thought so... 😞 I got in touch with Steam Cloud support, let's see if they respond... There are quite a few other players that experienced the same problem recently.
yeah i'm guessing if it's' the exact same thing it will be Steam's problem to fix... It's happened before to hundreds who played Dead By Daylight. If not it could be the issue that when you save it's not connecting to steam cloud but also not saving to your pc, which would probably be something that the developers could fix.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! I hope Steam Cloud support gets back to you and can help out. If you haven't done so already, turning off the cloud save for now should fix the issue you're having.

Turboklaus

Greenhorn
It's definitely an issue with Steam Cloud, unfortunately the support was not able to help as they don't have versioning/backups... Will now deactivate steam cloud and backup manually.