PC [BUG] Quarry mine message bug

shadowmaster435

Greenhorn
I found this when I killed all the monsters in the quarry mine (infested if that helps) the "A way down has appeared" message keeps showing up

(sorry had to optimize the mp4 file and put it in a zip so the video isn't the best quality however I have the original quality if needed)

Attachments

imnvs

Local Legend
Sorry. I'd like to trust you, but I'm not downloading and opening a .zip file. Anyway, to give what help I can from the clues you've given...

First, the quarry mine only has one level.

Second, if you get the way down message in the regular Mines or in the Skull Cavern, but can not find the stairs... what most likely happened is that the stairs were going to appear where you killed the monster, but you killed the monster somewhere that stairs can not populate. I've seen this more than once. The only workaround is to leave and go back in.

BlaDe

Farmer
When you get the way down has appeared message, this means that stairs have appeared at the entrance.

This is the mines at the quarry, and not a quarry floor in the regular mines?

My guess is that this is a bug in that the quarry mines floor was an infested floor that day, all monsters were killed, which causes a check every 10 minutes to spawn a ladder if none exists, but as a ladder does not belong on this floor, none spawn.

shadowmaster435

Greenhorn
ok so uh would a dropbox link (or google drive) be ok to show you the video I did see that those weren't allowed(?) but if ok i'll post a link to that instead and yeah its in the quarry mines accessed from the surface quarry cave thing

shadowmaster435

Greenhorn
also I apologize for the zip file thing, I tried to make a gif but the file size limit was too small to upload without making the thing unrecognizable

liquidcat

Staff member
I checked the zip and it was just the video so thank you for posting the video about it! @shadowmaster435 I would like to suggest gfycat to upload videos that are bigger than forum size limit, sorry for the inconvenience.