Solved [BUG] Please Help-Persistent Bugs on Chromebook

Here is a small bug I found on my Chromebook:

When I take a screenshot, I start walking really slow. It's kinda like when you get sluggish after overexerting yourself. This is fixed by closing and reopening the app, but it's just a bit annoying and it would be nice if it could be fixed. Here's the link to the video on Imgur

I'm not using any mods. I'm playing SDV in the regular app, not the SMAPI port app. Do any other Chromebook users have this problem or is it just me?

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
That walking bug definitely looks frustrating. I haven't played the game on a Chromebook, so I can't offer any firsthand experience of bugs like that.

Ugh. This bug has gotten worse. Now when I take a screenshot I can’t close the game and reopen, I have to restart my day. So how this works is that on Chromebook there are two buttons - minimize and close. So before I could fix this problem by minimizing - now I have to close the app which leads to my entire day’s progress being deleted.
Developers, please take notice! This is a super annoying bug that I would love to be fixed!

ric

Cowpoke
Ugh. This bug has gotten worse. Now when I take a screenshot I can’t close the game and reopen, I have to restart my day. So how this works is that on Chromebook there are two buttons - minimize and close. So before I could fix this problem by minimizing - now I have to close the app which leads to my entire day’s progress being deleted.
Developers, please take notice! This is a super annoying bug that I would love to be fixed!
How are you taking a screenshot on the Chromebook? Does this issue only happen when you take a screenshot?

This isn't a fix but... you can force the game to save in the settings menu 'Save Backup' so if you do have to force quit then it should load that next time. Save before taking the screenshot.

How are you taking a screenshot on the Chromebook? Does this issue only happen when you take a screenshot?

This isn't a fix but... you can force the game to save in the settings menu 'Save Backup' so if you do have to force quit then it should load that next time. Save before taking the screenshot.
I use CTRL+Shift+Show Windows (F4) to take a screenshot. This happens when I press Shift.

Are you holding shift by chance? That makes you walk at a sluggish speed. (Also, I haven't experienced this before)
Really? Why is that? I usually take a screenshot using CTRL+Shift+Show Windows, but I could try using CTRL+Show Windows...
EDIT: It does work. If I use CTRL+Show Windows instead of CTRL+Shift+Show Windows, I don't walk at a sluggish speed. But when I hold down Shift I do go at a sluggish speed. Cool(ish) easter egg, I guess.
Wow. You... just flat out saved me so much frustration. Thank you so much! Sorry @ric, I didn't mean to bother you with my problems that actually weren't problems!

Woven in Fur

Farmhand
No problem! Glad to help.
But when I hold down Shift I do go at a sluggish speed. Cool(ish) easter egg, I guess.
Some other keys that do things: X: interact/pick up items C: use tool WASD: Movement (In prairie king) WASD to move, Arrows to shoot, I believe x to use an item? E: open inventory/close thing (such as a shop) that's open F: Open quest list (press e to close it) (Also, there's a duplication of swords glitch in the community center, if you want to see it you can see my other post). :)