Solved [Bug] Pet blocking door/bed

redbobcat

Rancher
Sorry to report this bug still persists in the game. Inside the starter house my dog fell asleep twice near the door right next to the plant and once near the bed blocking me from accessing the bed. Oh, and once he fell asleep right ON the bed! We were able to share the bed that time though.

iPad Pro
iPadOS 13.4.1
Game Ver 1.4.5.145

*SOLUTION*

Tap on your pet and hold. The pet will change its position and you will be able to pass.

Last edited:

eliasntr

Farmhand
The pet sleeping on the bed is a feature. You can push him away by walking towards him. However, in your case, you might not be able to push him away yet since there's no area on his right side for him to move on. This also works for all villagers, which will let you pass through them.

redbobcat

Rancher
If your pet blocks your path, just long press to have your farmer run against them- they'll move if you bump them enough times!
That doesn’t seem to work for me, perhaps because I’m playing on iOS and use tap to move around?

Yeah I figured bed sleeping must be a new feature since it happened again :)

redbobcat

Rancher
You know, possible quick solution for this would be to reset sleeping pet’s position every time a player enters a house. This way if the pet blocks a bed, we can just exit the house and enter again and hopefully have a path cleared.

I’m here to report that the problem still exists even on a second farm I started.

redbobcat

Rancher
This is new. This time I couldn’t get into the bed AT ALL, no matter how many times I tapped on it. Turns out the dog was sleeping UNDER the bed - I saw its Zzz bubble right before I passed out. Well, at least life with the pet is not boring 🙂

levy

Farmhand
(On the Switch) I've had my spouse block me from leaving the house and watering the crops on the first day of spring Year 4 because he thought it was more important to complain about the farm not being clean after I spent all day tilling the field. No idea if that falls into this category of a bug or was absolutely intentional as a sign of angry NPC rebellion :D

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
(On the Switch) I've had my spouse block me from leaving the house and watering the crops on the first day of spring Year 4 because he thought it was more important to complain about the farm not being clean after I spent all day tilling the field. No idea if that falls into this category of a bug or was absolutely intentional as a sign of angry NPC rebellion :D
This doesn't work on mobile, but on PC and console you can just walk into a villager and pet and you'll eventually move through them :)

levy

Farmhand
This doesn't work on mobile, but on PC and console you can just walk into a villager and pet and you'll eventually move through them :)
Yes, that usually works when I'm outside. It did not work in this case, prolly been steamrolling against Seb for about an hour on ingame time and he would NOT move from the spot like he was frozen there for 4 hours (including me going to the cellar, getting out of the cellar in hope of a reset) before I decided to give up and just go to bed without watering my crops. If I lose money this month it's gonna be husbando's fault 😂

DannyDaemonic

Greenhorn
By the way, these tricks don't work if you're on your horse. If you laid out narrow paths on a crowded farm or your pet just blocks your way out of town, you just have to wait.

Last edited:

Xero

Newcomer
Ag
That doesn’t seem to work for me, perhaps because I’m playing on iOS and use tap to move around?

Yeah I figured bed sleeping must be a new feature since it happened again :)
Agreed. Also on iPhone and he blocks me at least once a month. Also getting real tired of his panting and barking in my earphones. I’m trying to stream as I play and it’s jarring. I’ve cursed him out almost every day it hasn’t rained. Of course the rainy days he blocks the bed. Because of course. I can only imagine a cat screeching in my ear instead of the panting.

Ereo

Helper
It still works on mobile. Instead of tapping, keep pressing the spot were you want to go. If it doesn't work after a couple if seconds, move slightly to the side and try again.

Phate4569

Planter
Similar but slightly different problem.

If the pet is displaying the move animation if becomes impassible.

My dog was face first in a wall trying to run and trapped me there for a few hours in game. I had to restart the entire day because it was a crucial day in my timing.

hottabych91

Cowpoke
It's not only on mobile devices. Same on Windows, I stucked in my cat

you can just walk into a villager and pet and you'll eventually move through them
I passed the cat the same way, just moving through it for a long time. But it's obviously a bug.

hottabych91

Cowpoke
I found a new variant of this bug: pet blocked the way out to north, and I can't pass through it riding horse. The only way to pass is to dismount from horse and go by walk.

cat blocks the way.jpg