Issue [BUG] Items won't go in inventory unless Magnet Ring is equipped

ral365

Newcomer
So for the longest time, I've had my Magnet Ring equipped with my Iridium Band until I finally obtained the ring that makes me immune from Slime damage. Once I equipped it, however, dropped items (loot, rocks, gems, etc) wouldn't go into my inventory. The Iridium Band is supposed to attract items, but it doesn't work!

Stardew_Valley_bug.png

I have several mods, including SV Expanded, the Skull Cavern Elevator, and the UI info mod. I hope this isn't something that'll be fixed by removing all my mods; it might corrupt my entire save file! 0.0

Has anybody else had this problem, or is this a first?

I have what I think is the same issue, although the exact cause in my case looks a little different.

I had been wearing one magnet ring and a glow ring for a while until I noticed that the magnet ring didn't seem to be working, in the sense that my attract radius seemed to be back to normal. I took off the magnet ring and got what you seem to have, where nothing at all picks up, no matter how close I am.

Put the magnet ring back on, and switched the glow ring for another magnet ring, and I seemed to benefit from the increased collection radius again. After a few save/load cycles, though, the collect radius went back to normal again, and I found that I had to have both magnet rings on in order to collect anything at all; if either one is de-equipped, I'm not able to pick up anything at all.

I'm also running SVE; it doesn't (afaik) modify any of the items or player stats like that, but I wonder if this might be related to one of its prerequisite mods? Like OP, though, I'm worried about causing more bugs and issues by trying to systematically diagnose it (ie disable one mod at a time and see if it goes back to normal), and I also worry that if, like, the save file's basic setting for magnetism somehow got borked, then disabling the culprit mod might not fix it (and would just prevent it from happening in the future)
[edit]
Looks like OP might have also posted about this on another forum (similar username and apparently-identical screenshot) and got some kind of answer about the magnetism radius getting borked. I looked in my save file and mine was set from the default of 128 pixels to (-128) pixels, so I think this is solved (for me, at least).

Last edited: