PC [Bug] Ice Fishing festival uses a temporary rod baited with... Beach Warp Totems??

Jonqora

Greenhorn
Hello!

I was investigating a bug report where someone had 99 beach warp totems suddenly appear in their inventory without explanation. I have not reproduced it myself, but I am almost certain that it is connected to this strange bit of the game code inEvent::setUpPlayerControlSequence for the Ice Fishing festival.
Code:
this.farmer.TemporaryItem = (Item) new FishingRod();
(this.farmer.CurrentTool as FishingRod).attachments[0] = new Object(690, 99, false, -1, 0);
(this.farmer.CurrentTool as FishingRod).attachments[1] = new Object(687, 1, false, -1, 0);
Very strange to be catching fish with beach warp totems, lol! I imagine it ought to use item ID 685 (Bait) instead. Perhaps this is an artifact left over from development where item ID 690 was originally used for some other type of bait?

I'm still not sure how they ended up in inventory regardless. Perhaps there might be something odd that happens when a player enters the festival already carrying a baited (or unbaited?) fishing rod in their active inventory slot?