Switch [BUG] Grass cut by scythe does not yield hay although there are 2 empty silos built

RadimirPutin

Newcomer
Not particularly sure what else to say other than that in my current game no matter what i do i cannot seem to get hay when i cut the grass(only grass not weeds) with my scythe, so far i have tried rebooting the game and device but for the life of me i can't get any hay.

Are you using the Golden Scythe? Because the Golden Scythe is a weapon, not a scythe and will not yield any hay if you cut grass from it

Ereo

Helper
Are you using the Golden Scythe? Because the Golden Scythe is a weapon, not a scythe and will not yield any hay if you cut grass from it
The golden scythe has a 75% chance of getting hay, while the normal one has only 50% chance. So you should be getting more hay with it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Not particularly sure what else to say other than that in my current game no matter what i do i cannot seem to get hay when i cut the grass(only grass not weeds) with my scythe, so far i have tried rebooting the game and device but for the life of me i can't get any hay.
Are you sure you are getting no hay? When cutting grass the hay does not appear in your inventory like when you cut down wheat. It goes straight to the silos. Have you checked the silo before and after to verify no hay was added?

Last edited:

RadimirPutin

Newcomer
Are you sure you are getting no hay? When cutting grass the hay does not appear in your inventory like when you cut down wheat. It goes straight to the silos. Have you checked the silo before and after to verify no hay was added?
yeah, in short, not using a golden scythe, just the regular scythe, no hay is going into the silos as well as the item icon for hay does not appear in the corner so i can say for certain that i am simply not getting any hay, have tried planting new grass starters, cutting huge swaths of the stuff but not a single piece is added to my silos

redbobcat

Rancher
Can you take out some hay when inside a coop? Also what does the game tell you when you click on a silo? I can suggest to try moving the silos; building a new silo; destroying all the silos then building a new one the next day.

RadimirPutin

Newcomer
well, currently i have given up on cutting grass for hay and simply bought several thousand hay, that said now that i actually have hay i can access it from the barn and coop, the silos are full (minus the hay used of course) and other than that i have moved the silos about 6 times, restarted the device 4 times, and offered my soul to several eldritch deities, yet unfortunately the only hay that goes into my silos i put there myself

MoonMoon413

Newcomer
I'm also having this problem, and have barely (re)started the game. Any chance anyone has found a fix since October?

BlaDe

Farmer
RadimirPutin and MoonMoon413, I am interested to see if this is related to the game seed.

Radimir, I know you are on switch so makes it harder to get your game seed. Are you able to post the contents of the travelling cart on your next Friday/Sunday?

I need the items in order, as well as the amount and price of each, and your day/season/year. I can use this to determine your game seed.

Thanks

MoonMoon413

Newcomer
RadimirPutin and MoonMoon413, I am interested to see if this is related to the game seed.
Summer, Sunday 21, Year 1

5 Slime - 1000
1 Radish - 1000
1 Tulip - 600
1 Summer Seed - 500
1 Cave Carrot - 200
1 Cherry Sapling - 4250
1 Leek - 240
1 Duck Feather - 700
1 Bug Meat - 300
1 Apricot Sapling - 1500
1 House Plant - 1000
1 Rare Seed - 1000

Last edited:

MoonMoon413

Newcomer
I found away around the problem for now, cause when you cut Wheat it cuts Hay too. Not as much as I'd like, but it's better than restarting the whole game again.

BlaDe

Farmer

5 Slime - 1000
1 Radish - 1000
1 Tulip - 600
1 Summer Seed - 500
1 Cave Carrot - 200
1 Cherry Sapling - 4250
1 Leek - 240
1 Duck Feather - 700
1 Bug Meat - 300
1 Apricot Sapling - 1500
1 House Plant - 1000
1 Rare Seed - 1000
Awesome, thanks

Unfortunately i am away for 2 weeks, so will have to wait till then.

BlaDe

Farmer

5 Slime - 1000
1 Radish - 1000
1 Tulip - 600
1 Summer Seed - 500
1 Cave Carrot - 200
1 Cherry Sapling - 4250
1 Leek - 240
1 Duck Feather - 700
1 Bug Meat - 300
1 Apricot Sapling - 1500
1 House Plant - 1000
1 Rare Seed - 1000
I ran this through my script, and couldnt find the seed. I ran it past another stardew scripter and he couldn't find it either.

Can you provide the details of a different day? Even better if you can provide a screenshot.

It is possible that switch rng gives different results to PC...