PC [BUG] Font/rendering issue on Linux

Foltos

Newcomer
Hi,

On one of my PCs i get strange character rendering errors independent of what language I select (I tested English and Hungarian). Not all text is garbage, the "type in ip address" (or whatever) message on the lan join server window is ok, but the number in the IP address is crap. Also character creation screen is broken. In game dialogs seem to be ok. The time, weather (top right in-game box) is corrupt also.
I general it's like some font is rendering incorrectly.

HW/SW details:
  • Kernel version 5.4.0-48-generic #52~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 10 12:50:22 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • The PC (notebook) has a Ryzen 3 CPU and uses the built in GPU for rendering.
  • Starting from the terminal does not gives any supicious error messages.
  • running the game with strace did not helped either to identify the culprit.
  • Game info (GOG version):
    • Stardew Valley
    • en-US

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

OldWiseOwl

Greenhorn
I have this same issue and need help with it :( I'm running elementary OS and have tried everything for this font problem

murphy

Greenhorn
Did you install from the original gog package on this machine? As opposed to, installing on another machine and copying directories over. My one thought might be it isn't able to find one of the runtime libraries in the directory where it expects it. That's just purely a guess.

Last edited: