iOS [BUG] Dog resets every time I load saved game

marenw

Greenhorn
Hello! Sorry I can’t search to see if this is a known issue, as the forum search ignores the word “dog” because it is too short. :laugh:

Usually when I open the game on my iPad, I get the message asking if I want to pick up where I left off. I tap yes, and all is well—no dog issues.

However, in the cases where I am instead taken to the screen where I choose to load my saved game first, the first thing that happens is I walk out my front door and Marnie is there to give me a stray dog again! I have to go through the whole dialogue, including naming the dog.

As far as I can tell, nothing else in my game resets when this happens—I still have all livestock, money, goods in my backpack and storage chests, etc. And since the dog loves me right away anyway, I don’t have to rebuild a relationship with him or anything. So this is just a weird minor annoyance, Groundhog Day style.

marenw

Greenhorn
Update: well, I seem to have fixed this by accidentally refusing the dog once. I was tapping too fast to get through the adoption dialogue and hit No instead of Yes when Marnie asked if I’d take him. Alas, the next time I fully reloaded from the save game screen she did not bring him back. I miss him. :sweat:

Klod

Newcomer
I actually have this problem on IOS. If I have to load the game from a save point as soon as I come out of the house I have to adopt my dog again. It only happens if I have to load the game. Otherwise he is always around.

Rotan

Sodbuster
TBH your better off with out a pet. They tend to block your path when trying to get to bed before 2am. I have passed out more than once because of it... That and I find the barking loud and annoying.