PC [BUG] Character Moving and Acting Without Input, ESC Button Does Not Open Inventory

Bork Puns

Newcomer
Hey there, I started playing Stardew Valley again after not playing for a few months. I have occasionally been encountering this movement/action bug during my playtime.
Some preliminary info: I am playing SV in window mode on Steam with no mods on a laptop with Windows 10.

The bugs usually occur when I click out of the game's window. What happens is I press ESC to open up my inventory before I click out, and when I click back in, my character will sometimes start moving in a random direction without my input. They sometimes also start using items if one is equipped i.e. if the axe is equipped, the character will rapidly swing the axe. If the character moves near an interactive object like a door or nearby NPCs, they sometimes will automatically interact with them without my input. During all this, I sometimes can open up the inventory via ESC, but sometimes pressing ESC does not do anything.

Again, these only occasionally occur when I click out of the game's window. If I do not click out, then no issues occur, but I unfortunately click out of the game window a lot to look up things for the game.
I have found some temporary fixes to these issues when they occur to resolve them until an official fix is implemented.

For the movement issue, I found that doubletapping the key(s) of the direction(s) that the character is moving in often solves the issue.
For the clicking issue, doubletapping C and X i.e. the click buttons seem to fix the issue.
For the ESC button issue, I am not totally sure of this fix, but opening up text chat and typing /exit seemed to work every time I had the issue.

Hope this is helpful in some way.