Solved [BUG] Able to enter Elliott's house at 1 heart

Rikopertto

Newcomer
I'm able to enter Elliott's house at only 1 heart with him. I just started playing the game again after a long break so I'm not sure if the requirements to enter his house have been changed since I last played, but you needed 2 hearts before.

Rikopertto

Newcomer
This one's probably a false alarm. I just created another character and tried to enter Elliott's cabin right away at the beginning but couldn't. Either there's something strange going on with my other save file or (more likely) I actually had 2 hearts with Elliott. I could have sworn Elliott had only 1 heart though, I remember checking. I think I got him to 2 hearts the next day, but I'm not sure anymore.

Has anyone else come accross anything like this, or was this just my mistake?

Ereo

Helper
If it was the day before you got two hearts, maybe you actually were at two but for some reason it didn't show it yet?

Rikopertto

Newcomer
Ereo

That possibility did cross my mind. But doesn't the change in hearts usually show right after you get (or lose) enough friendship points? That's how it's been with the other NPCs in my current game. This would be the first time for me that the change didn't show right away. Strange.

imnvs

Local Legend
maybe you actually were at two but for some reason it didn't show it yet?
But doesn't the change in hearts usually show right after you get (or lose) enough friendship points?
Ereo, Rikopertto is correct.

Rikopertto, just brainstorming what could have happened, the one thing I can think of is that you got to 2 hearts, but barely, and then decay happened. If you don't talk to folks on a day and do not have your friendship with them maxed, then you lose 2 friendship points (250 points = 1 heart). Is it possible that you got "can enter Elliot's" unlocked by getting to 2 and then dropping to 1 without that "can enter Elliot's" going away? I'm not sure if it works that way or if it just checks current friendship level, but that's all I can think of when spit-balling over here.

Rikopertto

Newcomer
imnvs

Now that I think about it, what you came up with might be what happened. At least it would explain the whole thing. I forgot you can still enter NPCs houses/rooms if they are at 1 heart as long as they've been at 2 hearts at some point. In this case it's definitely possible that Elliott has been at 2 hearts and decayed to 1 heart.

I think it's safe to say this is not a bug.